How we calculate price.
Get advanced observability with Data Plus.
Get extended data retention, FedRAMP Moderate and HIPAA eligibility, logs obfuscation controls, enhanced data exports, cloud provider choice, and more in our hyper-scalable data platform—included in one predictable price per GB ingested.
- Up to 90-day extended data retention over default levels
- Up to 10x the max duration per query and 3x the max query limit
- FedRAMP Moderate and HIPAA eligibility (Enterprise edition only)
- Advanced logs obfuscation
- Enhanced streaming and historical-data export
New Relic Pricing FAQs
New Relic has the most generous free tier in the industry, so you get the same cloud-based observability used by the best software teams in the world.
Our free tier includes (per month):
- One full platform user for Standard edition customers with the ability to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot your entire stack and access to all 30+ New Relic platform capabilities, such as APM with distributed tracing, infrastructure monitoring, error tracking, digital experience monitoring (DEM, including browser, mobile, and synthetic monitoring), log management, serverless monitoring, AIOps, and more.
- Unlimited basic users with access to data ingest, querying, dashboards, and alerts.
- 100 GB data ingest, including New Relic Vulnerability Management.
- Default data retention of at least 8 days.
- Default logs obfuscation (automatically masks known credit-card and Social-Security-number patterns in logs).
- Unlimited ping monitors and 500 synthetic checks.
Start now—no credit card required.
When your account is within 85% of exceeding your monthly 100 GB of free data ingest, you’ll receive an email and also get an onscreen alert in the platform that will prompt you to upgrade to Standard or Pro by adding a credit card, billing info, and accepting terms. Contact us to upgrade to Enterprise. Data ingest will cease and you will lose access to the platform when you exceed your free 100 GB of data ingest for the month until you upgrade to a paid edition or until the 1st of the following month when both data ingestion and access to the platform are re-enabled.
No. With New Relic user- and usage-based pricing, you no longer have to count hosts or CPUs. Our straightforward pricing is based on just two core metrics—users and data ingest—making it easy to understand what you’re paying for. So you pay a single, low rate for data and a one-time price for each engineer to access 30+ observability capabilities (users are a stable metric, which helps with predictability, and data grows faster than users). New Relic is the only observability vendor that offers user-based pricing (in combination with telemetry-based pricing). We’re also the only vendor to publicly announce availability of user tiered pricing for eligible customers, which helps provide observability for all engineers.
This simple model is widely regarded as superior to legacy host-based pricing. With New Relic, unlimited hosts, agents, containers, devices, AWS Fargate tasks, cloud functions, and more are included at no additional cost.
View The Best Pricing and Billing Models for Observability white paper to learn more about host-based pricing versus user- and usage-based pricing. View a full-stack observability cost comparison of our user-based pricing with that of host-based pricing.
Access to the 30+ New Relic observability platform capabilities is determined by user type.
- Unlimited free basic users can access custom dashboards, queries, alerts, and instrumentation. The basic user type is ideal for product managers, engineers, and executives who only need shared performance dashboards or alert-status visibility.
- Core users—starting at $49 per user—can access everything basic users can plus telemetry data in their IDE via the New Relic CodeStream integration, error tracking, logs, and more. The core user type is ideal for developers who want visibility into their code's performance across production and pre-production environments or who collaborate on issues with DevOps and site reliability engineering (SRE) teams.
- Full platform users—starting at $99 per user—can monitor, debug, and improve their entire stack with access to the full New Relic observability platform, which includes 30+ capabilities such as APM with distributed tracing, infrastructure monitoring, digital experience monitoring (browser, mobile, and synthetics), log management, Vulnerability Management, AIOps, and more. The full platform user type is ideal for engineers responsible for app and system uptime and reliability or any engineer who needs advanced troubleshooting capabilities.
New Relic calculates data ingest costs based on the volume of data your organization saved in the platform after processing. This includes applying data transformation and trimming rules to the raw data in New Relic for more observability value. You can customize the amount of data you send and ingest.
Learn how to estimate your data ingest cost.
|Data source||Namespace||Retention for original data option (days)||Retention for Data Plus option (days)|
|Data sourceAPM||NamespaceAPM||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceAPM||NamespaceAPM errors||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceBrowser||NamespaceBrowser||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceBrowser||NamespaceBrowser events||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceBrowser||NamespaceBrowser JS errors||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceBrowser||NamespaceBrowser page view timing||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceCustom events||NamespaceCustom events||Retention for original data option (days)30||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceLogging||NamespaceLogging||Retention for original data option (days)30||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceInfrastructure||NamespaceInfrastructure processes||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)8|
|Data sourceInfrastructure||NamespaceInfrastructure integrations||Retention for original data option (days)395||Retention for Data Plus option (days)395|
|Data sourceMobile||NamespaceMobile crash event trails (breadcrumb)||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)8|
|Data sourceMobile||NamespaceMobile exception||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceMobile||NamespaceMobile general||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceMobile||NamespaceMobile error||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceMobile||NamespaceMobile crash||Retention for original data option (days)90||Retention for Data Plus option (days)90|
|Data sourceMobile||NamespaceMobile session||Retention for original data option (days)90||Retention for Data Plus option (days)90|
|Data sourceNetwork||NamespaceFlows (cloud and on-premises)||Retention for original data option (days)30||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceNetwork||NamespaceSNMP||Retention for original data option (days)395||Retention for Data Plus option (days)395|
|Data sourceNetwork||NamespaceSyslog||Retention for original data option (days)30||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceServerless||NamespaceLambda||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceServerless||NamespaceLambda custom||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceServerless||NamespaceLambda spans||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)98|
|Data sourceSynthetic monitoring (not editable)||NamespaceSynthetic data (not editable)||Retention for original data option (days)395||Retention for Data Plus option (days)395|
|Data sourceTraces||NamespaceDistributed traces (not editable)||Retention for original data option (days)8||Retention for Data Plus option (days)8|
Nothing! Unlike our competitors, we don’t charge for data egress or hydration. All your data is indexed and ready to query.
Choose between the New Relic original data option ($0.30/GB beyond the 100 GB free each month) and the Data Plus option ($0.50/GB beyond the 100 GB free each month). You can also choose to store data in the European Union (EU) data center for an additional $0.05/GB per month.
New Relic Data Plus is for teams of all sizes that need access to advanced performance, governance, and compliance capabilities, including:
- Up to 90-day extended data retention over default levels: Instead of paying individual premiums for the data indexing and retention of each data source, you can choose which data is stored longer in New Relic without increasing your monthly costs per data type.
- Up to 10x the max duration per query and 3x the max query limit: Go from 60 seconds per query in the original data option to up to 10 minutes per query using our GraphQL-format API or two minutes in the regular New Relic query language (NRQL) query builder. You can run queries in the background to avoid interruption from issues like browser or HTTP timeouts. Also, as part of Data Plus, queries inspect up to 100 billion data points per minute—and one trillion data points per 15 minutes. Compare that with the original data option of 10 billion data points per minute and 300 billion data points in 30 minutes. Data Plus querying improvements can help you reduce troubleshooting time and scale your observability practices.
- FedRAMP Moderate and HIPAA eligibility: With the New Relic Data Plus option, Enterprise edition customers can request additional security configurations to help with FedRAMP and HIPAA compliance, which is especially helpful if you’re in a highly-regulated sector.
- Advanced logs obfuscation: You can track logs obfuscation rules directly in the log management UI and create anonymized identifiers for sensitive log data, such as personally identifiable information (PII), access tokens, and other private or regulated data.
- New Relic Vulnerability Management: Get continuous runtime software composition analysis (SCA) and vulnerability assessment prioritization, with no additional configuration when using supported New Relic APM agents. Instantly detect common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVEs) across supported application dependencies. Easily import vulnerability data from your existing assessment tools for a single view of the vulnerability surface area of your software across DevOps and security teams—in context.
- Enhanced streaming and historical-data export: Easily export New Relic data to external destinations for historical analysis and modeling, long-term storage, and integration with other data analytics platforms.
Learn more about Data Plus.
Yes. New Relic offers commitment contract options to Pro and Enterprise edition customers with volume and savings plans that provide volume discounts, predictability, scalability, and flexibility. With the savings plan, you can use an annual or multi-year pool of funds for any combination of usage across the entire term. Plus, New Relic is the only observability vendor that offers an automatic rollover of unused funds for up to 12 months.
Learn more about New Relic commitment options.
Yes. New Relic offers pay-as-you-go options for Standard and Pro edition customers. You only pay for your monthly usage above the applicable free tier (100 GB ingested). Standard edition customers can simply add a credit card. Contact us for Pro edition pay-as-you-go options.
New Relic is one of only two observability vendors that offer usage-based billing. That means we only bill you for your number of provisioned full platform or core users and the amount of GB ingested per month above the free 100 GB. Our original data option is $0.30/GB per month. Our Data Plus option is $0.50/GB per month and includes extended data retention and advanced data governance/performance.
You can also store data in the EU data center for an additional $0.05/GB per month. Additional synthetics checks beyond the amount included in your edition are available at $0.005 per check. If you select our original data option, you can add New Relic Vulnerability Management for $0.10/GB ingested (Vulnerability Management is included with the Data Plus option).
At any point, you can use tools to query, track, and alert on your monthly billing-related usage in the New Relic platform.
New Relic is deeply committed to the security of your data. Our industry-standard security technologies and comprehensive policies and controls keep everything you rely on safe.
You can also make personal data requests to New Relic in accordance with data protection laws, such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). In addition, you can request HIPAA- and FedRAMP-compliant data encryption and security for your eligible account and services with Data Plus and Enterprise edition.
You can cancel anytime with the pay-as-you-go option, and you will only pay for any usage prior to cancellation. The commitment contracts option has non-cancellable annual or multi-year agreements.