As technology becomes increasingly complex, it’s more critical than ever to see across your entire software system and get traceability through your entire stack. To do so, you need to collect four key data types: metrics, events, logs, and traces. But it’s not enough to gather all of the data. You need to understand the relationships among those data points to solve specific problems quickly.
New Relic automatically creates and maintains visibility into those relationships. With Full-Stack Observability, you can easily visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot your entire software stack in one connected experience. Understand system health in context—from logs, infrastructure, applications, and end-user experience data—with UI experiences that automatically surface issues. Teams responding to on-call incidents won’t have to switch tools to dig into different parts of the stack, eliminating toil and blind spots, and ultimately driving more seamless end-user experiences.
In addition to the deep visibility provided by our monitoring capabilities (APM, Infrastructure Monitoring, Serverless Monitoring, and Digital Experience Monitoring), Full-Stack Observability also includes:
- Entity Explorer. Quickly access performance data from all your monitored applications, services, and hosts.
- Distributed tracing. See the entire journey your requests take as they travel through distributed systems.
- New Relic Edge with Infinite Tracing. Accept and analyze 100% of your span data with tail-based sampling.
- Logs in context. Enrich log data with full context into high-level events.
- Kubernetes cluster explorer. Visualize the health and performance of Kubernetes clusters.
- Workloads. Visualize the status of complex systems and accurately pinpoint problems.