Today, application and data infrastructures are as complex as they’ve ever been, creating an abundance of data about their internal workings. As such, monitoring practices have evolved, leading DevOps teams, application developers, and operations and infrastructure teams to adopt observability best practices. One crucial practice of observability is to instrument everything in your stack.
However, trying to handle all this data on your own will only present another set of challenges. Are you recording the right data in the right formats? Is your data pipeline big enough to handle the load as your demand on your software increases? At New Relic, we believe observability should reduce anxiety instead of adding to it.
To that end, you need a single observability platform, with a unified database, that:
- Gathers all your telemetry data in one place, giving you a connected view of all the data points in your system, so you can identify, understand, and resolve the issues that impact your business
- Is built on a flexible schema, so you can get fast answers to questions that you never had to ask before
- Scales as your business grows, and does so without limits to support any unpredictable demands on your business
Such capabilities are the defining functions of Telemetry Data Platform.
Telemetry Data Platform, the world’s most powerful platform to analyze operational data
Telemetry Data Platform is the powerhouse driving New Relic One. We call it the world’s most powerful telemetry platform for a reason: Its median query response time is lightning-fast (60 milliseconds), and its 99% percentile response time is less than two seconds. For very large queries—those scanning over 50 billion records—99% finish in less than 30 seconds. Telemetry Data Platform ingests over 1 billion data points per minute, so when any customer experiences increased demand, Telemetry Data Platform handles the incremental hundreds of millions of data points with ease.
Behind the scenes, Telemetry Data Platform is a very large distributed system—a multi-tenant cloud service on which a large query will run on thousands of CPU cores concurrently, allowing it to process billions of records in seconds.
We designed Telemetry Data Platform to scale without limits to support the unpredictable demand of our customers around the globe. As our customer base has grown over the past decade, from retail to entertainment, apparel to healthcare, and gaming to e-commerce, we have scaled Telemetry Data Platform. And because of its multi-tenant architecture, our smallest customers benefit from the same massive computing resources as our largest customers.
Whether you are starting on a single host, a single app, or running an enterprise with tens of thousands of hosts and application instances, Telemetry Data Platform supports your needs. As your business and data grow, Telemetry Data Platform will scale to support your business requirements.
So, how does Telemetry Data Platform do all this? In this white paper, we explain:
- The data model behind Telemetry Data Platform
- The telemetry data types stored in Telemetry Data Platform
- The SQL-like query language that makes querying large amounts of data a breeze
- The key resources for learning how to ingest and query Telemetry Data Platform