This alert is triggered when the Apdex score is below 0.5 for 5 minutes.
High CPU Utilization
This alert is triggered when the CPU Utilization is above 90%.
This alert is triggered when Memory usage is above 90%.
This alert is triggered when the the transactions fail more than 10% of the time in 5 minutes.
Generation 0 Hits
This alert is triggered when the memory that survives garbage collection is more than 256 KB and has been promoted from Generation 0 to Generation 1.
Generation 1 Hits
This alert is triggered when the memory that survives garbage collection is more than 2 MB and has been promoted from Generation 1 to Generation 2.
Generation 2 Hits
This alert is triggered when memory that survives garbage collection is more than 10 MB and not promoted.
C# performance monitoring
With our C# integration, you can find and address performance bottlenecks while operating in a live development environment. Monitor your app via our dashboard quickstarts and ensure you're delivering the best user experience.
Common C# performance errors
Here are the common C# performance errors that you can handle with New Relic integration:
- Memory management: C# uses automatic memory management, which takes the burden of manual allocation from developers. However, C# can sometimes run into memory error thereby inhibiting its memory management performance. Our integration offers the best solution to fix that.
- CPU usage: New Relic’s high CPU utilization alert is the key to monitoring CPU usage to prevent any potential error.
- Garbage collection: Garbage Collector (GC) manages the allocation and release of memory for your application. When the memory is under distress, our C# integration will easily notify you via the memory usage alert.
- High volume of requests: Getting a high volume of requests can affect your app’s response time and reduce user satisfaction. With Apdex score, you can track requests and measure user satisfaction.
- JIT compiler: If JIT compiler fails to load, it may be due to an out-of-memory exception or internal limitation error. The pathway towards getting the insights you need is the New Relic C# integration.
C# monitoring use cases
- Focus on the issues that affect your critical business transactions.
- Gain knowledge on your system's behavior in advance and learn the whole story of performance errors, from beginning to end.
- Use traces to connect latency issues to errors, getting you to the root cause as quickly as possible.
- See the filename and line number from the C# stack trace so you never have to guess. To reduce noise, logically filter and aggregate C# exceptions.
- Scalable error monitoring without affecting production flow.
- Maintain low latency with fast throughput.
- Get meaningful data about C# errors from your dashboard.
End-to-end visibility into your C# operations
Our C# dashboard translates your ingested data into a map that lets you trace business transactions across your C# stack. See your performance errors in context and prioritize your most critical operations.
What’s included in this quickstart?
New Relic's C# monitoring quickstart boasts instant full-stack observability out-of-the-box:
- Dashboards (Throughput, Error rate, Logs, Web transaction time, Apdex Score and more).
- Monitor scripts, functions, and web transactions.
- High-value alerts.
- Code-related insights about your application’s health and status.
- Proactive alerts that inform developers about the status of their applications.
How to use this quickstart
Need help? Visit our Support Center or check out our community forum, the Explorers Hub.