Nothing is worse for a customer than having trouble when they are shopping on your site. As we approach peak online shopping season and your teams are getting those last minute fixes into place, are you 100% confident that your customers can make it all the way through to purchase?
In this 90-minute practical session we focus on leveraging the New Relic Platform to ensure your teams and systems are ready for Cyber Monday and the months ahead. You’ll get to explore different ways to leverage Synthetic monitors, along with Dashboards and Alerts, to help you measure, optimise, and alert on the most critical parts of your systems or websites.
You’ll learn how Synthetic monitoring can help you proactively ensure availability, functionality and performance for your services, APIs, and user pathways. You’ll get hands on creating automated tests to find specific errors and slow pages, simulate the user buying experience, and monitor APIs and other critical dependencies.
You’ll look at baselining, measuring and sharing performance metrics for your purchase transactions, business KPIs, and target SLOs. We’ll also cover useful tools and tips on supporting and resolving issues, with centralised errors using Errors Inbox, Quickstart templates for monitors and dashboards, and some free custom visualisation apps for understanding the impact and performance of your website.
- Getting ready for the Cyber season
- Baselines, KPIs, dependencies and connected data
- Workloads and Errors Inbox
- Understanding user experience: RUM and Synthetics
- Intro to Synthetics and Proactive Monitoring
- Use case and labs
- Synthetics Monitor Types:
- Ping - Availability
- Simple Browser - Page Load performance
- Scripted Browser - User functionality
- Scripted API - Endpoint availability
- User Step Execution - Zero code step monitor
- SLAs and Reporting on your Monitors
- SLA Reporting
- Custom charts and useful queries
- Dashboards to monitor performance
- Field testing vs RUM: Comparative charting
- Creating alerts for your monitors
- Synthetic alerts, multi-location alerts
- NRQL alerts and use cases
- Quickstart templates and Custom visualizations
- Out-of-the-box dashboards
- Custom apps