New Relic Announces General Availability of Real-Time Analytics Platform New Relic Insights
New Cloud-Based Offering in Use by Thousands of Organizations, Enables Them to Easily and Quickly Answer Important Business Questions; Now Also Available via Mobile App for iPhone
Software analytics company New Relic today announced the general availability of New Relic Insights, a real-time analytics platform that collects, stores and presents valuable data directly from organizations’ software, and transforms the data into insights about their customers, applications and the business. Delivered as a cloud-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering built atop New Relic’s custom-built Big Data database platform, New Relic Insights empowers application developers, IT operations and business users alike to make ad hoc and iterative queries across trillions of data points and metrics and get answers in milliseconds. In addition, New Relic is offering a new companion iOS mobile app to give customers continuous access to data insights on the go.
Since its release as a public beta in March, more than 6,000 New Relic customers have used New Relic Insights, spanning industries including ecommerce, manufacturing, insurance, education, entertainment, real estate, healthcare and publishing. With general availability, companies of all sizes and across industries will now be able to purchase and use New Relic Insights to address questions about their software performance, their customers’ behaviors and their businesses.
Customer Highlights - How New Relic Insights Produces Data-Driven Business Decisions
Nordstromrack.com | HauteLook, an integrated e-commerce destination that offers limited-time sale events featuring top fashion and lifestyle brands, used New Relic Insights to streamline the operations for their state-of-the-art fulfillment center that ships the tens of thousands of orders they receive per day. Over a five-week period, they were able to reduce downtime hours by more than 80 percent with the data they receive from New Relic Insights.
Envato, a digital marketplace for creative assets and online educational courses with more than 4 million users, used New Relic Insights to effectively manage the change requirements created by the recent Heartbleed security bug. Within five minutes, they set up a New Relic Insights dashboard to determine the status of the project, down to individual users. New Relic Insights served as the backbone of the project, with no programming work required.
Quizlet, a leading digital study brand for U.S. students and a top-100 Web site with more than 20 million unique visitors per month, used New Relic Insights to evaluate data from multiple areas of their business. Using actionable intelligence gleaned from Insights, Quizlet has boosted its conversion rates, improved how it works with its content-distribution network provider, and adjusted its user interface to more closely mirror customer usage. They now review the revenue streams for each app, even down to the individual pages. Quizlet also uses New Relic Insights to analyze user behavior on their multi-lingual, text-to-voice lessons to make their apps more engaging for customers.
New Relic Insights Beta Program Highlights
- More than 6,000 New Relic customers participated
- The average query time was 9 milliseconds across trillions of data points
- There were approximately 250,000 queries during the beta
New Mobile App For New Relic Insights
To give customers a way to keep an eye on those key metrics, New Relic has also released a free iOS app to enable customers to:
- Track all the dashboards that have been created
- Access key dashboards through favorites
- Search through all the dashboards to find the right one
- Mark dashboards as favorites to find them quickly
- Easily switch between different accounts
“We had a sense that New Relic Insights could have a broad impact, but it has been amazing to see our customers in action. They have shown us that New Relic Insights helps them enhance their products, optimize their marketing efforts, better their customer support and even increase productivity in manufacturing. This is an exciting beginning for our customers as they learn how to use real time querying to make data-driven business and IT decisions.” – Lew Cirne, Founder and CEO, New Relic
“The most powerful thing about New Relic Insights is that you don't have to custom-instrument anything. The data's already there, so you can ask questions about it after the fact. We’ve come to rely on New Relic Insights so much that we’ve basically stopped using all of our other analytics tools.” —Andrew Sutherland, founder and CTO, Quizlet
“New Relic Insights is critical to our day-to-day operations. In less than two days, both technical and non-technical employees were able to start using NRQL to query on both the pre-existing APM data and warehouse data by using custom attributes and events. New Relic Insights’ intuitive dashboards provide in-depth visibility into the entire shipment lifecycle allowing us to make smarter business decisions." – Roger Hoffmann, VP of Technology Operations at Nordstromrack.com | HauteLook
- Learn how customers have responded to New Relic Insights by reading the blog here
- Don’t miss the videos featuring customers Envato, HauteLook and Quizlet.
- Read Forrester Research’s report, “Introducing Software Analytics, A Key Business Technology Solution,” by John Rakowski, which spotlights New Relic Insights as aiming to help "technology management professionals ensure that software delivers customer value."
- Discover more about the Software Analytics category with the paper, “Learn Why Your Software Should Rely on Software Analytics,” by The Big Data Group, an independent market research firm.
- Read the market research here by Julie Craig of Enterprise Management Associates, “New Relic Unveils New Relic Insights: Software Analytics for Business Insight,” that reports New Relic Insights is positioned to be a more flexible and real-time alternative to standard business intelligence models.
About New Relic
The world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. New Relic One is the most powerful cloud-based observability platform built to help organizations create more perfect software. Learn why developers trust New Relic for improved uptime and performance, greater scale and efficiency, and accelerated time to market at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.