At New Relic, our goal is to democratize access to observability and make observability a daily practice so all engineering teams can monitor, debug, and optimize their entire stack to deliver better customer experiences. Yet we understand that the difference between success and failure for organizations depends on access to the powerful observability tooling and resources needed to build and scale a vision and to keep costs down.
To address this challenge and accelerate our goal, New Relic for Startups launched in 2021 with the goal of giving every engineer the tools to deliver software with confidence.
Since then, the program has rapidly grown to include early-stage startups across every industry, from finance and media to gaming and retail. New Relic for Startups customers include companies like Hex, a platform for analytics and data science.
"As data scientists and engineers ourselves, we've lived the pain of slow queries, painful interfaces, and broken data pipelines," says Hex Co-founder and CTO Caitlin Colgrove. "We want to spare our users from those experiences. We run extremely large Kubernetes clusters, and New Relic has helped us quickly understand the health of our pods, receive alerts about performance issues that might impact customers, and drill into requests moving between all of our cloud services."
Our collaboration with Carta and Zendesk
To further our goal, today we’re announcing our collaboration with Carta and Zendesk to provide best-in-class platforms to scale both engineering and business practices to the next generation of founders. Now, a larger ecosystem of early-stage startups will have access to the same tools used by world-class engineering organizations. By teaming up with companies like Carta and Zendesk, all builders can establish DevOps and data-driven engineering practices early, seeing a complete picture of their apps and systems in a single platform.
Eligible startups in each program, whether New Relic, Carta, or Zendesk, will be able to take advantage of all three platforms with exclusive credits, discounts, and support.
“The Carta startup program is designed to help founders scale and make software buying decisions easier,” says Marisabel Agosto, head of strategy and tech partnerships at Carta. “We’re thrilled to partner with New Relic for Startups to provide our founders with a world-class observability platform to monitor their entire technology stack.”
“We at Zendesk are excited to partner with the New Relic team,” says Adam O’Donnell, Startup Partnerships Manager at Zendesk for Startups. “We have thousands of startups that apply for our program each year, and we try to help them grow by offering deals from other great companies. We believe that New Relic will help our founders ship better software faster by monitoring and debugging their stack accurately.”
With this collaboration, the New Relic observability platform is accessible to eligible fast-growing startups that are currently using Carta or Zendesk tools. In addition, companies in the New Relic for Startups program have greater access to tools and resources provided by Carta and Zendesk. Benefits for eligible startups include:
- Access to the same developer tools that the world’s leading engineering organizations use to observe, analyze, and improve the performance of their software, including the New Relic observability platform, which unifies 16 monitoring tools in one.
- Generous credits and discounts across the New Relic observability platform, Carta’s equity management and company-building solutions, and Zendesk’s customer service, engagement, and sales CRM solution. This enables startups to focus on building companies around big ideas while preserving burn rates.
- Easier qualification across the three programs. Startups already qualified for Carta and Zendesk’s programs will likely qualify for New Relic for Startups, and startups in the New Relic for Startups program will likely qualify for programs provided by Carta and Zendesk.
Get started with New Relic for Startups via Carta or Zendesk*
- Log into your Carta account or Zendesk account.
- Select the New Relic offer on the Carta Startup Stack page or the Zendesk for Startups dealbook and fill out the form to apply.
- Approved startups will receive instructions on how to redeem the credits.
- Invite engineers from your organization to instrument apps with our guided install. Happy monitoring!
*Eligibility criteria apply: New Relic for Startups credits are only valid to early-stage (pre-Series B) startups with fewer than 100 employees, founded in the past 10 years, and who are not current New Relic customers.
Don’t meet the eligibility requirements for New Relic for Startups? You can sign up for a free New Relic account! Your free account includes 100 GB/month of free data ingest, one free full platform user, and unlimited free basic users.
The views expressed on this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of New Relic. Any solutions offered by the author are environment-specific and not part of the commercial solutions or support offered by New Relic. Please join us exclusively at the Explorers Hub (discuss.newrelic.com) for questions and support related to this blog post. This blog may contain links to content on third-party sites. By providing such links, New Relic does not adopt, guarantee, approve or endorse the information, views or products available on such sites.