NEW RELIC SOFTWARE ANALYTICS – TOOLS CONSOLIDATION - APM AND INFRASTRUCTURE
The following tasks are included as part of this New Relic Tools Consolidation APM and Infrastructure Package:
a) Environment Assessment Report
A New Relic Solution Architect will spend up to two (2) business days with the Customer to provide an environment assessment report which shall include (as applicable) details on applications, servers or instances on which New Relic APM and New Relic Infrastructure will be installed. The report may also outline key migration use cases, list KPIs identified (after discussion with Customer), and a tools consolidation plan.
b) Implementation Assistance
New Relic will assist Customer with the following implementation activities as applicable to and at Customer’s direction:
- Assist Customer with creation of one (1) Service Map that provides a visual representation of application architecture (as applicable);
- Assist Customer to determine application naming and labelling conventions to use as best practices (as applicable);.
- Assist Customer with the creation of up to two (2) automation scripts to support the automated deployment of agents (as applicable);
- Provide training and best practices focused on product education, and on specific Customer needs around performing root cause analysis;
- Assist Customer with identifying up to fifteen (15) KPIs for dashboard creation;
- Assist Customer with adding Custom Instrumentation (to be scoped in a project plan) for up to one (1) applications to New Relic APM. Custom Instrumentation may be used to enhance or deepen the Customer’s visibility into third party frameworks, packages, or Customer’s code. New Relic may offer a variety of approaches or methods to allow for Customer to apply such instrumentation to the New Relic Products, but New Relic will only assist Customer with implementation through one (1) such method; applicable approaches or methods will vary depending upon Customer’s IT infrastructure. New Relic will assist Customer to: define scope, gather requirements, develop the Custom Instrumentation by providing guidance and suggestions, and test. If Customer modifies the Custom Instrumentation, the aforementioned support obligations are null and void.
- Assist Customer with identifying key Infrastructure integrations ("Infrastructure Integration") to address monitoring gaps. Development of up to two (2) Infrastructure Integrations (to be scoped in a subsequently prepared project plan) that are designed to leverage New Relic Infrastructure, which may include scoping, requirement gathering, development, testing and deployment of the Infrastructure Integrations. New Relic will provide Customer with support for the Infrastructure Integrations for the earlier of: (a) a one (1) year period from the date of deployment; provided, that a paid Commitment Term for the New Relic Products is currently in effect; or (b) any termination of a paid Commitment Term for the New Relic Products.
- Assist Customer with configuration of up to two (2) New Relic Alert Policies with up to five (5) alert conditions per policy (if applicable);
- Assist Customer to automate distribution of up to 2000 New Relic APM or Infrastructure Agents (as applicable). This includes configuration assistance with New Relic APM and Infrastructure Agents for optimal performance and functionality; and
- New Relic will provide a report that outlines the application baseline comparison before and after the tools consolidation.