New Relic Software Analytics Cloud Delivers AWS Context for Application Monitoring
AWS Customers to Gain Powerful Performance Data from New Relic to Migrate and Optimize Their Applications on Amazon EC2; New Relic Achieves AWS Partner Network (APN) Mobile Competency
Software analytics company New Relic, Inc. (NYSE:NEWR) announced today a new set of features from across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that are designed to be an easy and powerful way to specifically monitor development, pre-deployment and production application health and performance on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2). Additionally, New Relic has achieved the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN) Mobile Competency, which recognizes APN Partners that have deep experience with mobile-first development.
Currently more than half of New Relic’s customers report data from an AWS environment to New Relic through application and server monitoring. These new features for the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud are designed to deliver powerful data to help developers and IT operations teams migrate their applications to Amazon EC2 and then optimize their performance. By enabling customers to marry performance data from both the application and cloud infrastructure layers of their technology stack, the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud can help customers manage large Amazon EC2 deployments with complex lifecycles. The aim of this application-centric approach is to empower customers to better leverage the speed, focus, and economics of the AWS Cloud.
The new AWS monitoring features in the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud are designed to provide customers with the following capabilities and benefits:
● Monitoring with Context: Utilize the wealth of data in your Amazon EC2 instances by bringing in the customized AWS tags you authored and AWS metadata (AWS Region, instance size, AMI, and other factors) and realize them all as Server Labels in New Relic. This enables you to group and filter, troubleshoot and drill into problem instances, across regions, which can be essential for companies utilizing a large number of Amazon EC2 instances
● Manage Any Instance Lifespan: Monitor your Amazon EC2 instances in a way that uniquely matches the way companies may utilize Amazon EC2, with some instances existing for mere minutes. When an instance is de-provisioned, these features would identify that action and recognize it no longer exists, aiming to reduce UI clutter so team members can focus on the instances in use.
● Understand Your Monitoring Coverage: Quickly see which Amazon EC2 instances are not being monitored by New Relic so you can take steps to shine a light on potentially unknown instances and applications.
● Monitor in Minutes: New Relic customers can begin monitoring their Amazon EC2 instances in a matter of minutes, through a new streamlined process that uses the AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), the AWS standard and secure approach for sharing such information.
● Migrate with Confidence: New AWS monitoring features in the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud aim to give you more insight and confidence to migrate your apps to any availability zone on the AWS Cloud. View the performance of application code, as well as the Amazon EC2 instances that underpin them.
"New Relic and Amazon Web Services are helping us transform our customers' applications by allowing us to focus on application-level performance," said Mauricio Fernandes, president of Dedalus, a Brazilian cloud services broker and Premier Consulting Partner in the APN. "New Relic has helped improve application performance analysis and increase confidence around migrating to the cloud by providing critical visibility of customers’ applications pre-, during, and post-migration."
“Amazon Web Services is removing infrastructure distractions for developers so the focus can now be on their application, and New Relic’s mission is to support the speed, focus, and economics afforded to modern application teams in the cloud,” said Patrick Lightbody, Group VP, Product Management at New Relic. “With more than half of our customers sending us data from AWS environments, our goal for the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud is to continue to help companies scale and manage the lifecycle of their Amazon EC2 usage at any point of their cloud journey.”
The new AWS monitoring features in the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud are currently available in private beta.
Attending AWS re:Invent? Visit us at Booth #203.
About New Relic Software Analytics Cloud
The New Relic Software Analytics Cloud is a market-leading multi-tenant SaaS software analytics solution built for modern architectures. New Relic's integrated products (APM, Browser, Insights, Mobile, Plugins, Servers, and Synthetics) are designed to allow developers and IT operations to manage the performance of their applications and create new digital customer experiences. New Relic's cloud-based monitoring can help companies make better, data-driven decisions using real-time data from production software.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements, as that term is defined under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to features of the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud and potential benefits to customers. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements are based on New Relic’s current assumptions, expectations, and beliefs and are subject to substantial risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause New Relic’s actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement. Further information on factors that could affect New Relic’s financial and other results and the forward-looking statements in this press release is included in the filings we make with the SEC from time to time, including in New Relic’s most recent Form 10-Q, particularly under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations.” Copies of these documents may be obtained by visiting New Relic’s Investor Relations website at http://ir.newrelic.com or the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. New Relic assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
About New Relic
As a leader in observability, New Relic empowers engineers with a data-driven approach to planning, building, deploying and running great software. New Relic One delivers the only unified data platform that empowers engineers to get all telemetry—metrics, events, logs and traces—paired with the most powerful full stack analysis tools to help engineers get past the 'what' to uncover the 'why.' Delivered through the industry's only consumption pricing that's intuitive and predictable, New Relic gives engineers more value for the money by helping improve planning cycle times, decrease change failure rates, accelerate release frequency and reduce mean time to resolution. This helps the world's leading brands including AB InBev, Australia Post, Banco Inter, Chegg, Gojek, REI, Signify Health, TopGolf, World Fuel Services (WFS) and Zalora improve uptime and reliability, drive operational efficiency and deliver exceptional customer experiences that fuel innovation and growth. Uncover the 'why' with New Relic at www.newrelic.com.