SAN FRANCISCO — August 20, 2014 — Software analytics company New Relic today announced speakers from Adobe, Airbnb, GoPro, Bleacher Report, Lending Club and VenueNext for an action-packed lineup at the company’s second annual technology conference, FutureStack14, taking place October 8 and 9 in San Francisco. Many speakers will focus on how their organizations are using modern software and the data from it to disrupt entire markets – and even their own organizations.
GoPro SVP of Software and Services CJ Prober will take the stage with an entertaining talk on the company's road to disruption, market leadership and how software plays a critical role in their future. VenueNext Founder and COO John Paul will outline his vision for the platform powering the Levi’s® Stadium App for the San Francisco 49ers, the world’s first time-and-location-aware app that seamlessly connects fans with everything a venue has to offer. Also on stage will be Chris Whong, a self-described urbanist and civic hacker whose data visualizations mapping a day-in-the-life of a New York City taxi driver went viral overnight.
Register today to hear the stories behind the disruption from using modern software from enterprises, start-ups and innovative companies in-between. Speakers include:
Adobe – Colleen Berube, VP of IT Business Services
Airbnb – Elena Grewal, Data Scientist
Bleacher Report – Sam Parnell, CTO
Lending Club – John Macllwaine, CTO
Trulia – Chris Session, Director of Operations
Trulia – Louis Bennett, Director of Engineering
Twitter – Tim Perzyk, Head of North American Advertising Research
The conference will feature multiple tracks: a Technology Track, a New Relic Product Track, and a crowd-sourced Hallway Track. During the event, attendees can meet New Relic’s own engineers, who are hosting office hours to answer questions about New Relic’s expanding suite of products. Every attendee will also receive FutureStack14 interactive digital badges, built from the ground up by New Relic engineers with features for exchanging contact information to facilitate networking, voting on sessions, and giving feedback on the best tracks at the event.
For a current list of speakers, which includes New Relic’s Founder and CEO Lew Cirne and leaders from Code.org, Etsy, GitHub, HauteLook|Nordstromrack.com and other modern software innovators, check out the speaker page at futurestack.io/speakers
- When: October 8 – 9, 2014
- Where: Fort Mason Center, San Francisco
- Registration: visit http://www.futurestack.io/ (Purchase Beta tickets by Sept. 21 to save $100 – $599 with discount)
- For more conference details, check out our blog here
- For the full agenda and conference updates, visit www.futurestack.io, on Twitter follow @newrelic and hashtag #FS14
- For sponsorship information, visit our sponsor page or contact us at email@example.com
- For hotel rooms, special discounted attendee rates are available through the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. Details here.
- For highlights from last year’s conference, FutureStack13, visit here. Check out this story by Wired about the interactive badges from last year’s conference here.