Table of contents
Between the constant dev releases you need to support and all the new tools and technologies you need to adopt to keep things up and running, an alert at 3 a.m. is the last thing you want to see. New Relic Infrastructure was built for navigating this dynamic, fast-paced world—with the ultimate goal of helping ops teams increase mean time between loss of sleep (MTBLS).
With real-time visibility into every metric and event on any host across your infrastructure (whether that includes AWS, Docker, bare metal or all of the above), New Relic makes it easy to scale rapidly, deploy intelligently, and be more proactive about monitoring.
New Relic Infrastructure delivers real-time health metrics correlated with recent configuration changes to help you:
- Reduce mean time to detection (MTTD) and resolution (MTTR)
- Ensure uptime and consistency across your infrastructure, whether cloud, on-prem, or hybrid
- Deploy with greater confidence knowing exactly what's going on in your environment
- Accelerate time to value—with built-in native support for AWS products, there's no config required
Real-time health metrics for all your systems
With DevOps and Agile practices come more frequent code deploys and more changes—updates that you and your team need to stay on top of to avoid potential issues. With New Relic, you’ll know exactly where changes are happening and when.
- Easy correlation between config change events and health metrics
- Key host health metrics (CPU, memory, disk, network) refreshed every five seconds
- Custom querying and dashboards to improve collaboration across dev, ops, and other teams
- Slice and dice Docker containers by labels, images, and other metadata
Live-state event feed with complete change history
The key to more effective and efficient troubleshooting is to have all teams on the same page. With New Relic Infrastructure, you gain unprecedented visibility into the performance of your dynamic infrastructure so you can effectively manage the increased rates of change being made to it.
- Accurate, real-time inventory of all hosts and instances across your entire infrastructure
- Powerful infrastructure-wide search to help you identify vulnerable packages in seconds
- Tag-driven alerting and dashboarding for all your dynamic resources
Built with AWS in mind
New Relic Infrastructure is tightly integrated with AWS EC2, allowing for an accurate, real-time view of your EC2 ecosystem. New Relic offers 360-degree visibility for your apps, your server infrastructure, and your Docker containers—all in one place.
- Native support for AWS tags and metadata
- Dissect key AWS attributes—role, tier, AZ, datacenter, or any custom EC2 tag
- Alerts that auto-scale along with your instances
Easily monitor popular AWS services
Both New Relic Infrastructure Essentials and Pro ship with native support for Amazon EC2 and Docker. New Relic Infrastructure Pro offers expanded native monitoring for popular AWS services including:
- Amazon CloudFront
- Amazon DynamoDB
- Amazon EBS
- AWS Route 53
- AWS ElastiCache
- AWS Elastic Load Balancing
- AWS Elasticsearch
- AWS IAM
- Amazon Kinesis
- AWS Kinesis Firehose
- Amazon SNS
- Amazon RDS
- Amazon ECR
- Amazon SQS
- Amazon VPC
- Amazon ECS
These integrations make it easier to view and account for your AWS usage—whether that means analyzing your AWS spend, preparing for a quarterly budget review or forecast, assessing the impact of scaling up your service, or looking at spikes and dips in usage and data flow so you can fine tune your AWS infrastructure and application management.
Give it a try
Want visibility into your dynamic infrastructure? Sign up for a free 30-day trial at newrelic.com/infrastructure.