This workshop is a comprehensive introduction to understanding and working with logs in New Relic. Explore the different ways to bring your log data to New Relic, the fast and easy-to-use UI, as well as parsing, filtering, or dropping logs to match your needs. Learn about New Relic ‘logs in context’ which integrates your logs with your traces, APM, infrastructure, and error data for faster troubleshooting.
With hands-on labs in a sandbox environment, you’ll get to filter and search log data, work with partitions and AI log patterns, troubleshoot errors in applications and trace data, create charts and dashboards to share with teams, and set up alert conditions for problems you want to prevent.
Agenda and Labs:
- Log shipping and New Relic
- Forwarding logs with the New Relic infrastructure agent
- Lab: Search and visualize log data with the logs UI
- Lab: Use patterns to spot outliers
- Lab: Set up alerts to notify on log data
- Lab: Explore logs in context (APM, traces, errors)
- Configuring logs in context with an APM agent
- Lab: Troubleshooting applications with logs in context
- Lab: Share log data by creating custom charts and dashboards
- Applying parsing rules and drop filters
- Questions and takeaways