New Relic Named Leader in 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for APM and Observability for the 11th Consecutive Time
New Relic provides users with industry-leading all-in-one observability, accelerated time to value, and lower total cost of ownership
SAN FRANCISCO – July 10, 2023 – New Relic, the all-in-one observability platform for engineers, announced it has been named a Leader in the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring and Observability. The report provides an assessment of 20 application performance monitoring (APM) and observability vendors based on specific evaluation metrics, including current product/service capabilities, market understanding and responsiveness, innovation, and strategy. For the 11th consecutive time, New Relic is recognized for its Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute.
Only New Relic provides an all-in-one observability platform that is purpose-built as a unified experience for all engineers, allowing companies to get ahead of problems, service customers, and outpace the competition. The platform’s capabilities extend beyond metrics, events, traces, and logs, allowing engineers to incorporate security data and data from open source standards, such as Open Telemetry. New Relic has a long history of innovation, most recently being first to market with an OpenAI monitoring solution and observability-first generative AI assistant, New Relic Grok.
“We are honored to be recognized by Gartner as a Leader in every APM and Observability Magic Quadrant published. Since transforming our platform and business model, we have dramatically accelerated our pace of innovation, surpassing that of our direct competitors, and built a product-led growth engine that customers value,” said New Relic Chief Product Officer Manav Khurana. “Our growth outpaces hyperscalers, which we attribute to the value our customers realize from New Relic including faster innovation and improved customer experience and value.”
In the Gartner Peer Insights™, New Relic received an overall rating of 4.5 stars out of 5.0 based on 1,327 verified customers, with 90% recommending the platform as of July 7, 2023. Sixty-four percent of verified reviewers rate New Relic 5.0 stars for APM and observability. Here is what a few of these customers said about New Relic:
- “New Relic has caught major issues within our platform before they spiraled out of control, as well as giving us the analytics on how to prevent them in the future. It is a fantastic tool for monitoring, and provides enough data to be a one-stop shop for every engineer building software.” - Principal Software Engineer
- “New Relic is our preferred monitoring solution for application and infrastructure. Using the rules and flows, we are able to have New Relic access application pages in critical user flows and check if they function correctly and if not alert us via multiple channels. It is easy to script these rules in New Relic including set minimum thresholds. I highly recommend New Relic as [a] monitoring solution.” - Senior Software Engineer, construction industry
- “New Relic helps us minimize our time to recovery during incidents by getting the right information in front of our engineers without the need for lots of expert knowledge about how New Relic works." - Principal Site Reliability Engineer, media industry
- “New Relic is a feature-rich monitoring tool that provides you with tools to monitor your websites and applications in real time. It plays a vital role in ensuring the performance of our apps is optimal and issues are resolved as fast as possible.” - Operations Executive, IT industry
- "[New Relic] monitoring is very useful to proactively catch application performance dip or response time slowness. We can setup alerts for crucial portions of the site and have [New Relic] alert us through multiple channels. The usage is not just limited to websites but can also be setup for web services and APIs to track the availability." - Technical Account Manager, IT industry
To learn more, download a copy of the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring and Observability and read the blog post.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring and Observability, Gregg Siegfried, Mrudula Bangera, Matt Crossley, Padraig Byrne, 5 July 2023.
GARTNER is a registered trademark and service mark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, MAGIC QUADRANT and PEER INSIGHTS are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights content consists of the opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and should not be construed as statements of fact, nor do they represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in this content nor makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this content, about its accuracy or completeness, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About New Relic
As a leader in observability, New Relic empowers engineers with a data-driven approach to planning, building, deploying, and running great software. New Relic delivers the only unified data platform that empowers engineers to get all telemetry—metrics, events, logs, and traces—paired with powerful full stack analysis tools to help engineers do their best work with data, not opinions. Delivered through the industry’s first usage-based consumption pricing that’s intuitive and predictable, New Relic gives engineers more value for the money by helping improve planning cycle times, change failure rates, release frequency, and mean time to resolution. This helps the world’s leading brands including adidas Runtastic, American Red Cross, Australia Post, Banco Inter, Chegg, GoTo Group, Ryanair, Sainsbury’s, Signify Health, TopGolf, and World Fuel Services (WFS) improve uptime, reliability, and operational efficiency to deliver exceptional customer experiences that fuel innovation and growth. www.newrelic.com.