New Relic Recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring Suites for Fifth Consecutive Year
Digital intelligence leader New Relic, Inc. (NYSE: NEWR) announced that the company has been recognized and positioned by Gartner as a leader for the fifth consecutive year in the December 2016 “Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring Suites” report by Cameron Haight and Federico De Silva.
In the report, Gartner projects that “By 2020, 70% of APM suite technology buyers will reside outside of traditional IT operations organizations, up from 40% in 2016.” New Relic anticipated this trend early on and has designed the New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform to deliver full-stack visibility and analytics to help diverse teams driving digital initiatives. The company’s application and infrastructure performance monitoring helps companies quickly resolve issues and improve digital customer experiences.
“We are excited to be recognized for the fifth consecutive year as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring Suites,” said Lew Cirne, CEO and founder of New Relic. “We started New Relic to advance the APM market in the cloud and today we deliver a full digital intelligence platform to help enterprises drive better customer experiences and business results. New Relic is dedicated to providing a unified source for developers, operations and product teams to have full-stack visibility, draw actionable, real-time insights from their digital business, and scale as their business grows.”
Notable recent milestones for New Relic include:
● In April 2016, New Relic announced a partnership with Major League Baseball, highlighting the role of data and analytics in improving performance both in sports and in business;
● In July, the company announced expanded support for monitoring multi-language application environments with support for the Go programming language and also launched new support for the next generation of web applications built with current and future single-page application (SPA) frameworks and libraries;
● In July, Gartner ranked New Relic as the fourth largest APM vendor based on 2015 revenue, moving up four spots from the prior year, and had the highest growth rate among the top four vendors at 68 percent (Gartner Market Share Analysis for Application Performance Monitoring, Worldwide, 2015, July 2016);
● In August, the company introduced cloud pricing for New Relic APM to help customers expand and standardize their monitoring coverage across their applications running on cloud infrastructure. This pricing model has since helped provide customers around the world a simple, flexible, and transparent pricing option to monitor their applications in a way that matches their dynamic environment;
● In November, New Relic announced second quarter fiscal 2017 financial results, with revenues of $63.4 million, up 48 percent year over year, and 14,538 total paid business accounts;
● In November, leading up to the company’s annual conference, FutureStack, New Relic introduced the New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform, including new features such as infrastructure monitoring, unified dashboards, baseline alerting, and mobile crash analysis;
● In November, New Relic announced general availability of New Relic Infrastructure, the company’s dynamic infrastructure monitoring solution that provides IT operations teams unprecedented visibility into the performance of their cloud and hybrid infrastructure and the related configuration changes being made to it;
○ This launch followed the company’s entree to infrastructure monitoring with the acquisition of Opsmatic, announced in November 2015
● In November, the company announced an integration with AWS Marketplace, allowing Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers to be able to purchase New Relic Infrastructure directly through AWS Marketplace, making it even easier for operations teams to adopt and monitor the cloud; New Relic also announced support for AWS Lambda;
● In November, New Relic previewed its artificial intelligence (AI) technology, Project Seymour, designed to deliver advanced AI and machine learning capabilities to help companies uncover the most interesting, most relevant, and most actionable insights about their digital business.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
A copy of the 2016 Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring Suites report is available here.
Additional thoughts on the 2016 Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring Suites and the APM market can be found on the New Relic website.
This press release contains "forward-looking" statements, as that term is defined under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to, market trends and characteristics, New Relic’s future growth prospects, ability to succeed and features of the New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform, including availability, effect on the market and potential benefits to customers. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements are based on New Relic's current assumptions, expectations, and beliefs and are subject to substantial risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause New Relic's actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement. Further information on factors that could affect New Relic's financial and other results and the forward-looking statements in this press release is included in the filings we make with the SEC from time to time, including in New Relic's most recent Form 10-Q, particularly under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations." Copies of these documents may be obtained by visiting New Relic's Investor Relations website at http://ir.newrelic.com or the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. New Relic assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
About New Relic
The world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. New Relic One is the most powerful cloud-based observability platform built to help organizations create more perfect software. Learn why developers trust New Relic for improved uptime and performance, greater scale and efficiency, and accelerated time to market at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.