FutureStack kicks off in San Francisco
NEW RELIC FUTURESTACK, SAN FRANCISCO – November 16, 2016 – Digital intelligence leader New Relic, Inc. (NYSE: NEWR) today shared a preview of its artificial intelligence (AI) technology, code-named “Project Seymour,” at the company’s fourth annual FutureStack event in San Francisco. Project Seymour is designed to deliver advanced AI and machine learning capabilities to help companies uncover the most interesting, most relevant, and most actionable insights to improve their customer experience, and the performance and availability of their digital initiatives.
“Our customers have increasingly complex systems and often struggle to understand all of the facets of what’s going on in their customer experience, in their applications, and in their infrastructure. Seymour is another manifestation of New Relic’s continued obsession to make it easy for our customers to understand everything going on in their digital business,” said Lew Cirne, CEO and founder, New Relic. “New Relic has a unique opportunity to leverage the power of AI because our cloud-based platform already analyzes billions of metrics for our customers every day. We simply do not believe you can get the same benefits from on-premise solutions because you wouldn’t have enough data to uncover the same meaningful insights.”
Project Seymour Aims to Bring AI to New Relic’s Digital intelligence Platform
Project Seymour is designed to help companies see their digital businesses more clearly in the following ways:
- Discovery: Seymour’s personalized news feed can surface the trends and issues that users care about most, based on their role and permissions.
- Deep Diagnosis: Not only does Seymour highlight issues and trends, but it can also provide users with a diagnosis of the problem and recommend a solution. Rather than clicking through their complex environment to try to figure out why an app slowed down, Seymour can highlight why it has slowed down and suggest how to fix it, all in one place.
- Collaboration: Seymour lets users quickly share important information with other team members and discuss those issues right in the New Relic interface, or through integrations with leading chat tools, such as Slack. Conversations are stored and searchable so users can later look back to see how specific issues were handled.
- Learning: New Relic’s machine learning algorithms can learn what individual users care about most and surface interesting trends and issues. Users can give feedback on what is important, or not important, and the system is designed to get smarter through machine learning.
- Prediction: Seymour looks at the massive amount of data in New Relic’s cloud platform to help predict and prevent future issues.
Project Seymour is currently in development. Customers interested in participating in an early beta can sign up here: https://newrelic.com/seymour
To read more, please visit New Relic’s blog post.
New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform
The New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform provides full-stack visibility across a company’s customer experience, application performance and the supporting infrastructure. By bringing this data together in a unified platform, New Relic helps digital teams take action together to quickly resolve issues and proactively drive digital business results. Delivered via the cloud, the New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform is architected to help companies scale during peak business demands.
FutureStack anchors on the biggest shift of the decade impacting modern businesses – the transformation of their relationships with their customers. This transformation is being powered by digital, and at FutureStack, attendees can learn how to strategically monitor their customer experiences, build and operate a cloud scaled tech stack, and better connect with other business leaders in digital. FutureStack will teach attendees how to build and run systems so they can make smarter business decisions and better customer experiences – to be ready for demands today and those in the future.
FutureStack San Francisco features speakers from Airbnb, AWS, Concur, Docusign, Dow Jones, Gannett, GE, GIPHY, Google Cloud Platform, MLBAM, Tableau, TrueCar, Zoosk, and more. The event will also include world-class keynote speakers, Nate Silver, statistician, editor-in-chief and founder of FiveThirtyEight, and Kumail Nanjiani, comedian and star of HBO’s “Silicon Valley.”
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements, as that term is defined under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to statements regarding New Relic’s “Project Seymour,” including availability of features and potential benefits derived therefrom, as well as statements regarding New Relic FutureStack San Francisco. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements are based on New Relic’s current assumptions, expectations, and beliefs and are subject to substantial risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause New Relic’s actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement. Further information on factors that could affect New Relic's financial and other results and the forward-looking statements in this press release is included in the filings New Relic makes with the SEC from time to time, including in New Relic's most recent Form 10-Q, particularly under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations." Copies of these documents may be obtained by visiting New Relic's Investor Relations website at http://ir.newrelic.com or the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. New Relic assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.