New Relic Introduces New Relic One, Empowering Teams to Accelerate Innovation and Deliver More Perfect Software Faster
New features include monitoring for AWS Lambda, new dashboards, programmability, global search, and cross-account service maps -- all designed to help distributed teams centrally manage and automate the complexity of modern software
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR), the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to help customers create more perfect software, today introduced New Relic One. An extension of the New Relic platform, New Relic One helps DevOps teams with complex environments quickly find, visualize, and understand their data so they can take immediate action, deliver better digital experiences to customers, and drive revenue. With New Relic One, enterprises now have the ability to connect their teams to the real-time health of their customer experience, so they can accelerate their digital business.
For modern software teams, there are numerous challenges to successfully managing the performance of their increasingly complex environments. Many large enterprises have hundreds of siloed teams, responsible for managing interdependent systems. These systems are increasingly complex, often composed of containers or microservices, running on-premise and in the cloud. When service issues arise, teams often struggle to quickly and definitively pinpoint the issue, and fix the problem before their customers experience a disruption.
“DevOps teams continue to struggle with a fragmented view of their complex environments due to data about customer experiences residing in multiple systems, dashboards, and organizations. New Relic One is the industry’s first entity-centric observability platform, unifying all of a customer's data across multiple accounts so teams can see a pan-enterprise view of all of the relationships and dependencies,” said Lew Cirne, CEO and founder of New Relic. “New Relic One solves an important set of problems for our customers today, and it’s also our platform for delivering the next decade of innovation to our customers. We’re just getting started on our mission to help companies deliver more perfect software faster with New Relic One.”
Introducing New Relic One
New Relic One is purpose-built to transform how DevOps teams manage the performance of their digital systems. New Relic One unifies all of a customer's data across multiple accounts so each team can see a pan-enterprise, shared view of everything they instrument. In addition to seeing all their data in one place, New Relic One also empowers teams to quickly drill down into the services they are responsible for managing.
New Relic One treats everything that needs to be instrumented as an “entity” and indexes entities to track their relationships and dependencies to each other so teams have context in addition to metrics. New Relic defines entities as anything that needs to be instrumented for the success of digital business, including a microservice, mobile app, Kubernetes cluster or Lambda function to name a few. An entity emits data, and that data provides context -- including upstream and downstream dependencies -- about the internal state of the entity. During critical moments, it’s no longer enough for teams to measure metrics. Teams also need to quickly understand the relationships between entities and their interdependencies, so they can pinpoint issues faster and deliver better customer experiences. Unlike the fragmented tools that companies use today, New Relic One and its entity-centric approach to observability provides a clear, connected view of all systems, teams, and technology across a single customer’s environment.
New Relic One delivers:
- A unified, pan-enterprise view of complex environments -- New Relic One introduces new cross-account Service Maps that can automatically visualize up- and down-stream dependencies of entities, making it easy to quickly identify the root cause when troubleshooting an incident.
- A connected search and discovery platform -- New Relic One provides new global search and universal tag filtering, so teams can quickly and easily find entities across their enterprise.
- Easy-to-create, powerful dashboards -- New Relic One introduces new and improved dashboarding capabilities, enabling users to quickly create information-rich, custom dashboards that connect technical efforts and business impact. A brand new feature called chart builder makes it easy to create powerful queries with a point-and-click curated tool, complementing New Relic Query Language (NRQL). Customers’ existing dashboards in New Relic Insights will automatically appear in New Relic One for viewing and editing.
- Programmability for creating business-specific views -- New Relic One introduces the ability to quickly extend the visualizations for business- and domain-specific needs. For example, it is easy to combine store point-of-sale system data with real-time telemetry, all overlaid on a map. Operations teams can see a bird’s-eye view of their store performance across a geographic area, and they can also drill down to see the performance of a specific store that’s giving off an alert. With programmability, New Relic One can be embedded into managing the performance of an enterprise’s business.
- Unified user experience and global home page -- New Relic One delivers a new home page experience, empowering customers to see all of their performance data in one place. New Relic One sits above the existing New Relic platform of products, where users can continue to quickly zero in on problem areas for deeper exploration.
New Relic One is the home for New Relic’s latest innovations, including:
- Monitoring for AWS Lambda -- delivers the ability to monitor, visualize, troubleshoot, and alert on Lambda functions. Pro customers can now monitor Lambda performance in aggregate, or drill down into individual Lambda invocations to see traces, errors, end-to-end traces, and other troubleshooting information.
- Kubernetes cluster explorer -- provides a multi-dimensional representation of a Kubernetes cluster that allows teams to drill down into Kubernetes data and metadata in a high-fidelity, curated UI that simplifies complex environments. This existing feature is now available in the New Relic One interface.
- Distributed tracing global search -- provides a simple yet potent tool for finding traces using custom attributes or tags. As a result, teams can now work faster to solve performance issues in distributed software environments.
New Relic also announced that it plans to deliver log management and AIOps solutions in New Relic One by the end of the fiscal year.
“New Relic One’s improved dashboard capabilities provide much needed visibility into the dependencies across all of the entities we measure. Other tools give me data, New Relic One gives me context,” said Matthew B. Vaughan, lead software engineer at Cox Automotive. “There is great power and comfort in being able to see how cross-functional data is correlated in a centralized platform. When we identify a risk of failure, it is critical that we can pinpoint the root cause rapidly, and New Relic One delivers a whole new level of granularity that helps us deliver better customer experiences.”
“The demand for microservices and cloud-based services continues to aggravate complications across enterprise technology teams. Untangling these complications requires a thoughtful approach that simplifies the process of observing and measuring software applications,” said Stephen Elliot, Program Vice President, I&O at IDC. “These requirements have never been optional, and are more important than ever as the pace of change accelerates with modern application architectures, DevOps, and Agile approaches.”
Pricing and Availability
New Relic One will go live on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 to Pro subscribers for no additional cost. Monitoring for AWS Lambda support is now generally available for Pro customers via the New Relic One interface at no charge for a limited time and in accordance with the product documentation. Kubernetes cluster explorer and distributed tracing global search are generally available for Pro customers. Additional solutions, including log management and AIOps and additional programmability features are expected to be delivered by the end of New Relic’s fiscal year.
- To read Lew Cirne’s vision for New Relic One, visit the New Relic blog.
- To learn more about entity-centric observability, visit the New Relic blog.
- To learn about New Relic One, please read the data sheet.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements, as that term is defined under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to statements regarding market trends and opportunities, the timing and benefits of anticipated new products, the value proposition of New Relic’s products and features to customers, and benefits from and investments in New Relic One. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements are based on New Relic’s current assumptions, expectations, and beliefs and are subject to substantial risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause New Relic’s actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement. Further information on factors that could affect New Relic’s financial and other results and the forward-looking statements in this press release is included in the filings New Relic makes with the SEC from time to time, including in New Relic’s most recent Form 10-Q, particularly under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations.” Copies of these documents may be obtained by visiting New Relic’s Investor Relations website athttp://ir.newrelic.com or the SEC's website atwww.sec.gov. New Relic assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.
About New Relic
New Relic is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to help customers create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic to make the world’s software run at newrelic.com
About New Relic
The world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze and troubleshoot their software. New Relic One is the most powerful cloud-based observability platform built to help companies create more perfect software. Learn why customers trust New Relic for improved uptime and performance, greater scale and efficiency, and accelerated time to market at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.