SAN FRANCISCO — Dec. 5, 2013 — New Relic, Inc., the software analytics company, today announced that in the past 12 months, the company has acquired more than 500 large enterprise customers for its software-as-a-service application performance management solution for mobile and web applications. During that same time period, New Relic has invested in building out its team of enterprise sales and technical specialists, confirming the company’s commitment to meet large enterprise customers’ requirements for an advanced and scalable APM solution built for multi-tier environments. The company will continue its focus on expanding its customer base of large and global enterprises with its plan to deliver in 2014 the world’s first software analytics solution that provides real-time business insights.
Stats and Facts Charting New Relic’s Growth in Large and Global Enterprises
- Acquired more than 500 enterprise customers in the previous 12-month period
- Monitors 7.39 million monthly active users of native mobile apps for large enterprise customers
- The New Relic customer portfolio hosts top-ranking companies from these markets, including:
- Media and Gaming: Dow Jones/Wall Street Journal, CBS Interactive TV, Electronic Arts and HuffingtonPost.com
- Retail: Nike Inc., Barnes & Noble and Express LLC
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals: Merck, Multiplan Inc., Medidata Solutions Inc. and Rovi Corporation
- Business Applications and Services: Adobe Systems, Farmers Insurance, Intel Corporation, Johnson Controls, Tango and SGK
- Financial: E*Trade and LendingClub
Strong Growth in Monitoring Mobile Apps for Enterprises
Since the company announced the availability of New Relic for Mobile Apps earlier this year, demand surged among large enterprises that wanted real-time insights into their native mobile applications. Currently, New Relic is monitoring 7.39 million monthly active users for large enterprise customers. New Relic continues to set the bar for industry innovation with its recent announcement of real-time monitoring from the network to the mobile device user. Enterprise customers for New Relic for Mobile Apps include Activision, Newsday, Mediacorp, Salon Media Group, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sony Pictures and Yellow Pages.
Software Analytics: Boon for Large Organizations
New Relic also anticipates more demand from large enterprises when its software analytics service becomes available in 2014, giving users big data metrics in real time, helping them make better, more agile business decisions. The company announced its vision and provided a preview of its forthcoming service code-named Rubicon, at October’s FutureStack13, its first technology and user conference.
"IDC's research indicates that enterprise customers increasingly want access to a full range of functionality from a single, consistent, and easy to navigate graphical interface. Increasing demand for real-time insight is being driven by rapid mobile app development, the proliferation of modern development languages, increased business unit independence when it comes to buying monitoring services and the need for end-to-end root cause analysis across complex multi-tier environments."
- Mary Johnston Turner, Program Vice President, Enterprise Systems Management Software, IDC
“Serving over 500 new, large enterprise customers this past year represents only a starting point for New Relic. As enterprises expand their customer-facing applications onto the web and native mobile applications, they see that New Relic’s advanced APM solution is built for complex, multi-tier environments. And with our forthcoming software analytics solutions, we see even more opportunity to help our customers make sense of data to make better decisions about their software and their business.”
-Lew Cirne, Founder and CEO, New Relic
- Read the blog about New Relic’s growth in the enterprise
- Check out independent research firm IDC’s report “MarketScape: Worldwide Production APM Software as a Service 2013 Vendor Analysis”
- Download the Forrester Research report here for mobile app monitoring tools that enable the success of enterprise mobile initiatives, “Mobile Success: Defined by Great Experiences, Driven by Great Performance”
New Relic is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based observability platform built to help customers create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic to make the world’s software run at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.
New Relic, Inc.
PR@newrelic.com Investor Contact
New Relic, Inc.