SAN FRANCISCO — April 17, 2013 — New Relic, Inc., the SaaS-based cloud application performance management provider, is enabling the business success of the mobile app industry with New Relic for Mobile Apps, a first-of-its kind service now available for any business striving to achieve rave customer reviews and 5-star ratings in app stores. The new addition to the New Relic world-class web app, real user and server monitoring service extends its in-depth visibility capability to the performance of Android and Apple iOS mobile applications. Ideal for enterprise, mobile commerce or consumer applications, New Relic for Mobile Apps will allow app developers to see exactly what their mobile users are experiencing to ensure high customer satisfaction. In a separate press release, New Relic is also announcing new strategic partnerships with leading mobile service and platform providers.
The mobile app market is projected to top 89 billion downloads by 2015 and it is expected that half of all payments will be transacted via mobile by 20201. Although millions of dollars are being poured into mobile applications, app developers and line of business managers had no actionable insight into the performance of the apps that deliver key services. With multiple points of possible failure - whether deep within the application code, in the mobile device or in calls to third party APIs, such as Facebook, PayPal and Twitter - mobile businesses could only guess at the quality of the user experience and the precise location of performance bottlenecks.
New Relic for Mobile Apps is intuitive, easy to deploy, and offered as both a free service and an affordable monthly subscription. New Relic for Mobile Apps is integrated with the flagship New Relic web app service, which is used by hundreds of thousands of developers worldwide. The new mobile app service shares the same single screen view, making New Relic’s combined mobile app and web app service the only solution to monitor software, no matter where it’s running in an app server, browser, or mobile device.
New Relic for Mobile Apps is available today for both Apple iOS and Android applications.
- Existing customers can sign up through the New Relic SaaS app
- New customers can sign up for a new account here
- Customers who deploy their mobile apps through a New Relic partner cloud provider will find it available in their app marketplace
For a limited time, it is offered at special discounted pricing. To get it:
- Real-time performance monitoring of native mobile apps
- Support for both iOS and Android mobile apps
- End-to-end visibility, from the individual mobile device to backend web services
- Insight and actionable data from real app users and sessions to see exactly what the users are experiencing
- The ability to monitor HTTP app errors and performance problems, which are as bad (or worse) than crashes
- Views of performance data by geography, carrier, device type and app versions to prioritize, isolate and solve the most pressing problems
- Constant monitoring of the health of external services that apps depend upon for success
With the New Relic for Mobile Apps offering, customers get:
“Citrix has been expanding our line of mobile apps to help users increase productivity by delivering on our commitment to more flexible, mobile work styles. The availability of New Relic for Mobile Apps provides a much needed, proactive approach to finding and eliminating mobile app performance issues. This provides a great experience through faster, more reliable mobile apps and should be well received by customers." - Brett Caine, SVP and GM, Citrix Online
“As a mobile design and development team, we help our clients seize new business opportunities through the use of groundbreaking mobile applications. Until now, there has been no way to see inside mobile devices and get actionable data based on key factors such as real user experience, device performance, and geographic location. New Relic gives us critical real-time, real-world app performance data for iOS and Android platforms, so we can track down potential issues rapidly and proactively. Going forward without this critical data is no longer an option.” - Pierre Luc Simard, chief technology officer, Mirego
"Dark Horse, the largest independent comics publisher, offers our popular titles on tablets through our proprietary Apple iOS and Android apps. Through the use of New Relic’s new mobile app monitoring service, we’ve been able to significantly accelerate our development, identify network failures and authentication issues between our app and cloud-based services, and pinpoint performance bottlenecks in a matter of minutes rather than hours. New Relic's real-time measurements, rather than theories and hunches, will help us continue to maximize the digital experience for our customers." - Dale LaFountain, chief information officer, Dark Horse Comics
“There are few transitions that are more game changing than the dynamic that is happening today with mobile devices and services. It’s no secret that mobility is changing lifestyles and the way people do business. The expectation is high that these services and transactions will be responsive and fast. New Relic will provide the insight for mobile applications in the same simple approach that has been behind our success all along.” - Lew Cirne, founder and CEO, New Relic
- See our video interview with Lew Cirne and Chris Cook
- For facts and figures about the mobile marketplace, see our infographic
- Hear how customers are benefiting with video interviews with third largest comic publisher Dark Horse Comics, mobile app designer and developer Mirego, and Wanelo, the No. 1 shopping entertainment app in the Google and Apple app stores
- Tap into more details with case studies featuring Mirego and Kwarter, known for building live, interactive mobile experiences during TV's most powerful moments
About New Relic
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
Social Media Links : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
Media ContactAndrew Schmitt
New Relic, Inc.
Investor ContactJonathan Parker
New Relic, Inc.