SAN FRANCISCO — April 30, 2013 — New Relic, Inc., the SaaS-based application management provider, today announced the company exceeded its growth targets for Q1 2013. In Q1, New Relic recorded 130 percent in revenue growth compared to the same quarter one year earlier, and ended the quarter with more than 40,000 active customer accounts. Customer growth was reported at 134 percent year over year, with a record 1,300 new direct paying customers including a 65 percent increase among enterprise customers. Overall, the company is performing at top speed and broadening its reach in all of its markets, either directly or through partnerships with more than 70 cloud computing and hosting relationships.
Late in the quarter, customer demand surged when the company announced the availability of New Relic for Mobile Apps. Within a month of general availability, there are now more than 1,000 iOS and Android mobile applications with 11 million end users being monitored by New Relic in production and enterprise environments. Among the new customers for the native mobile app service are Dark Horse Comics, Mirego and Wanelo.
For first quarter 2013, New Relic:
- New customers included Comcast, Urban Outfitters, Saks Fifth Avenue, Hibu Global Limited, Pearson Technology and Churchill Downs, the home of the Kentucky Derby
- Secured a new round of venture capital funding of $80 million and announced its plans for an initial public offering
- Tripled the company’s office footprint with the headquarters move to four full floors at 188 Spear St., San Francisco, and two full floors at 111 SW 5th Avenue, Portland, the engineering team’s headquarters
- Grew the team by more than 40 people, bringing the total employee headcount to more than 230
- Announced the general availability of a real-time solution for the monitoring of native mobile applications, a first of its kind in the industry
- New Relic announced a new partnership program with the “Who’s Who” of mobile app platform providers Adobe® PhoneGap™ Build, Appcelerator, Parse and Stackmob
- New Relic also extended its mobile app service to existing platform and infrastructure partners such as CloudBees, Joyent, Rackspace® Hosting and Windows Azure Mobile Services
- Released its very own mobile app for the iPhone, enabling customers to monitor their apps on the go
- Won the Marketo Revenue Performance Excellence Award in the Innovative Integration category
- Recognized as a SIIA Software CODiE Award finalist
Currently, New Relic:
- App Instances Monitored: 1,328,843
- Daily metrics captured: Over 100 billion metrics each day
- Active customer accounts: 40,000+
“Our focus is on the opportunity ahead, where software and apps are driving the world’s economy. Enterprises are building their latest business initiatives on the web and mobile. New, personalized interactions now available through mobile and web interfaces are inspiring entrepreneurs to build new businesses. Q1 was about New Relic setting the stage for bigger things to come. This year, you’ll see us continue to provide new and innovative ways to evaluate the success of apps, which is the underlying foundation for the success of your business.” - Lew Cirne, founder and CEO, New Relic
- Don’t miss our blog for more information
New Relic is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based observability platform built to help customers create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic to make the world’s software run at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.
New Relic, Inc.
PR@newrelic.com Investor Contact
New Relic, Inc.