SAN FRANCISCO — March 18, 2019 — New Relic, Inc. (NYSE: NEWR), provider of real-time insights for software-driven businesses, announced that the company has been recognized and positioned by Gartner as a Leader for the seventh time in the “Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring” report by Charley Rich, Federico De Silva, and Sanjit Ganguli, published on March 14, 2019. Due to its continued ability to execute along with its completeness of vision, the company improved its position on the ability to execute axis compared to the previous year.
In addition to Gartner’s analyst-driven research through the Magic Quadrant, the firm also collects verified customer reviews through its Gartner Peer Insights platform. As of March 15, 2019 and based off of 712 reviews, New Relic has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 for the APM suites market and 90 percent of its reviewers indicated a willingness to recommend.
The company received the following reviews including:
- “The team has been incredibly supportive, going above and beyond to ensure we are achieving our business goals with the product,” wrote a senior architect in the communications industry;
- “New Relic is one of the best monitoring tools in the market and can easily be integrated into most of the deployment models,” wrote a tech lead in the services Industry;
- “Companies need a tool like this,” shared a user in the healthcare industry;
- “New Relic offers a great interface for debugging the server side of performance issues,” reported a product engineer in the finance industry, and;
- “New Relic delivers an excellent product with great support. The tooling is excellent and delivers as promised the in-depth monitoring we need,” wrote a service industry user.
Notable milestones for New Relic include:
Strong Business Momentum: Global Expansion and Enterprise Growth
- Delivered third quarter fiscal 2019 revenue of $124 million, an increase in 35% year over year;
- Attained 56% of annual recurring revenue from Enterprise Paid Business Accounts as of December 31, 2018, compared to 52% as of December 31, 2017;
- Enhanced the power and reach of the New Relic platform with the acquisition of technology and team members of CoScale, a Belgian company with deep experience monitoring container and microservices environments, with a special focus on Kubernetes;
- Advanced AIOps strategy with the acquisition of SignifAI, a Tel Aviv and Sunnyvale based event-intelligence company that specialized in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML);
- Opened first European Region to expand New Relic's ability to deliver products to customers in Germany and across the broader European Union;
- Opened new European headquarters in Dublin to support continued growth in the region;
- Opened first office in Paris to support leading French enterprises in their digital transformation initiatives; and
- Established a joint venture with Japan Cloud Computing and hired experienced country manager to deepen New Relic’s presence in Japan.
Accelerated Platform Innovation: The Power of True Multi-tenant SaaS
- Introduced Kubernetes cluster explorer, a new way for DevOps teams to understand the health and performance of their complex Kubernetes environments;
- Extended leadership in observability across modern architectures with APM support for AWS Lambda;
- Delivered enhanced distributed tracing to enable customers to better understand the performance of applications running in modern, complex architectures, and;
- Launched New Relic developer program to enable the company’s global customer and partner ecosystem to accelerate their innovation.
Read a complimentary copy of the full Gartner Magic Quadrant report here for a complete overview of the APM vendor landscape. We believe you’ll see why our pure SaaS platform is named a Leader for modern APM Suites.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product, or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences, and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
This press release contains "forward-looking" statements, as that term is defined under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to, market trends and characteristics, New Relic’s future growth prospects, New Relic’s plans to expand in international markets, including in the European Union and Japan, any benefits of the purchase and integration of SignifAI and the technology and team members of CoScale, and statements regarding the New Relic Platform, particularly with respect to products and features thereof that are expected to be delivered in the future, as well as benefits from or future enhancements to those products and features. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements are based on New Relic's current assumptions, expectations, and beliefs and are subject to substantial risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause New Relic's actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement. Further information on factors that could affect New Relic's financial and other results and the forward-looking statements in this press release is included in the filings New Relic makes with the SEC from time to time, including in New Relic's most recent Form 10-Q, particularly under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations." Copies of these documents may be obtained by visiting New Relic's Investor Relations website at https://ir.newrelic.com or the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. New Relic assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.