New Relic Improves Integration with Windows Azure for Enhanced Web and Mobile App Monitoring
Scott Guthrie of Microsoft Demoed New Integration at FutureStack13
New Relic, Inc., the software analytics company, today announced important updates for Microsoft Corp.’s Windows Azure customers:
- Windows Azure Web Sites .NET customers can now purchase and install the New Relic application performance management service while they are configuring their servers and applications from within the enhanced Windows Azure Management Portal.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services customers can add New Relic mobile application monitoring to their iOS, Android and Windows apps by simply adding their New Relic license key and installing the New Relic module.
The updated portal capabilities result in fewer clicks to deploy New Relic performance monitoring, allowing customers to quickly and seamlessly gain immediate insight into the health of their applications. Now, instead of adding the New Relic service after they have established their web site on Windows Azure, customers will have direct access to the Windows Azure Store to purchase or synch their existing New Relic account during the configuration process. Once a subscription is selected, all of the New Relic settings will automatically populate in the application settings. For developers using Windows Azure Mobile services, they can now secure end-to-end performance visibility by copying their application token directly into the Windows Azure Management Portal.
For the following services and solutions, New Relic already provides real-time application performance with a .NET agent specifically designed for Windows Azure:
- Windows Azure Mobile Services
- Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- Windows Azure Cloud Services, Web and Worker Role Instances
- Windows Azure SQL Database, available as a New Relic plugin sending real-time data to the New Relic Plugins
Microsoft Corporate Vice President Scott Guthrie demonstrated how easy it is to add the New Relic service to websites and mobile apps during his keynote address on Oct. 24 at FutureStack13. Scott Guthrie’s keynote and all other FutureStack sessions will be available next week on futurestack.io.
"Windows Azure is a flexible and scalable cloud platform that enables developers to build and manage applications using the tools and frameworks of their choice. We are pleased to work with New Relic to provide our joint customers with real-time health and performance monitoring for applications built on a variety of web and mobile platforms." - Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Server and Tools
"New Relic's expanding support for Windows Azure services enables customers to better manage their business presence across web and mobile. By bringing New Relic to the forefront of the configuration process, Windows Azure Web and mobile customers gain intuitive and actionable analytics about the application right from the start. By teaming up with Windows Azure, together we push boundaries and redefine how developers build and innovate modern software. We look forward to the continued growth of our strategic relationship. - Bill Lapcevic, Vice President of Business Development, New Relic
- Check out our blog for more information, including tech tips for using New Relic with Windows Azure Web Sites and SQL Azure Databases and SQL Servers
- Find out how customers are using New Relic and Windows Azure in case studies featuring ITesso, Cash Converters and Mural.ly
- To get started with Windows Azure and New Relic today, visit www.newrelic.com/azure
About New Relic
The world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. New Relic One is the most powerful cloud-based observability platform built to help organizations create more perfect software. Learn why developers trust New Relic for improved uptime and performance, greater scale and efficiency, and accelerated time to market at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.