New Relic (NYSE: NEWR), the observability company, announced a new Data Plus offering to give engineering teams of all sizes access to industry-leading performance, scale, and governance capabilities as their observability practices mature. The New Relic Data Plus offering makes capabilities previously only deployed within large scale enterprise environments accessible to every engineering team to help scale their observability practices. These additional capabilities include extended data retention, high performance querying, FedRAMP and HIPAA compliance, enhanced data exports, and more. Starting June 1, 2022, customers can access Data Plus at a simple, predictable, and affordable list price of $0.50 per gigabyte (GB) of data which is 56% more cost effective than paying for each capability individually.
As shown in the New Relic 2021 Observability Forecast, 91% of IT decision makers have adopted observability across their engineering teams. With widespread adoption, engineering teams increasingly need longer data retention for historical analysis, higher performance queries across larger volumes of data, advanced security controls, and the ability to export data into business intelligence solutions. These capabilities are prohibitively expensive and complex to access with open-source or SaaS alternative solutions as each capability requires individual contracting and billing. New Relic Data Plus offers simple and affordable per-GB pricing by combining our industry-leading telemetry data platform capabilities with powerful security, scale, and performance engineers can trust.
“Our mission is to help every engineer do their best work based on data, not opinions. As more teams integrate observability into their daily practices, we have received widespread feedback from engineering and operations leaders that they need enterprise scale performance and governance to scale observability across their organizations,” said Bill Staples, CEO, New Relic. ”With New Relic Data Plus, we are combining the most advanced capabilities, previously only available to our largest enterprise customers, to teams of all sizes at one simple, predictable, and affordable price per gigabyte.”
New Relic Data Plus includes:
- 90 days extended retention over current defaults: Instead of paying individual premiums for data indexing and retention of each data source, customers will be able to choose which data they want stored longer in New Relic without increasing their monthly costs.
- 3x the max query limit and 10x the max duration per query: Engineers can analyze large data volumes faster, with the ability to inspect up to one trillion data points per 30 minutes and 150 billion data points per minute, compared to 300 billion data points per 30 minutes and 50 billion data points per minute in the current data offering. In addition, New Relic Data Plus customers benefit from an increased max query duration of up to 10 minutes, versus 60 seconds in the existing data plan.
- FedRAMP and HIPAA compliance: New Relic Data Plus provides options for customers in highly regulated sectors to enable security configurations required for FedRAMP and HIPAA compliance.
- Logs obfuscation: Engineers can track logs obfuscation rules directly in the log management UI and create anonymous identifiers for sensitive log data such as personally identifiable information (PII), access tokens, and other private or regulated data.
- Enhanced streaming and historical data export (coming soon): Ability to export New Relic data to external destinations for historical analysis and modeling, long-term storage, and integration with other data analytics platforms.
Beginning June 1, 2022, New Relic Data Plus will be generally available as part of the New Relic Telemetry Data platform—the only all-in-one observability platform with powerful full-stack analysis tools and consumption based pricing. New Relic customers will be able to choose between the existing data plan (listed at $0.30/GB, starting June 1, 2022) and the new Data Plus offering (listed at $0.50/GB) to best fit their observability data and business needs. To learn more about Data Plus and our updated list price for the existing data plan, check out our blog post or visit www.newrelic.com.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements, as that term is defined under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to statements regarding the availability and access to New Relic’s observability platform, including any anticipated benefits, results and future opportunities related thereto. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements are based on New Relic’s current assumptions, expectations, and beliefs and are subject to substantial risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause New Relic’s actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement. Further information on factors that could affect New Relic’s financial and other results and the forward-looking statements in this press release is included in the filings New Relic makes with the SEC from time to time, including in New Relic’s most recent Form 10-K and Form 10-Q, particularly under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations.” Copies of these documents may be obtained by visiting New Relic’s Investor Relations website at http://ir.newrelic.com or the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. New Relic assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.