New Relic Again Recognized as a “Leader” in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Management
New Relic, Inc., the software analytics company, today announced the company has been recognized by Gartner, Inc., and positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant in the “2013 Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Management” report for the second consecutive year. A copy of the report is available here.
The Dec. 18, 2013 report by Gartner analysts Jonah Kowall and Will Cappelli calls Application Performance Management (APM) “necessary for IT Operations, application support, development and quality assurance and line-of-business buyers who require quality delivery of applications in agile and cloud environments.” Gartner acknowledges that the majority of the APM portfolios offered to the Global 2000 “have been assembled from multiple acquisitions, and, as a result, are often poorly integrated, difficult to implement and expensive to administer.” The report notes “many IT Operations teams are deploying service offerings, rather than making the larger on-premise technology investments, due primarily to reduced complexity and increased flexibility.”
New Relic has built its APM solution as a software-as-a-service offering from the onset of the company, anticipating that scalability, ease of use and data-driven analytics in complex, multi-tier environments would be the norm and the most effective long-term solution for its customers. With 70,000 active customer accounts in only five years time, including 500 new, large enterprise customers in the past year, New Relic has acquired more customers, and tracks and optimizes more metrics and applications than any other single APM vendor worldwide.
“We are proud to be recognized as a ‘Leader’ in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Management’ report again,” said Lew Cirne, founder and CEO of New Relic. “It has been a significant year for New Relic. We continued to evolve our software analytics offerings with web and mobile enhancements to our APM capabilities. In addition, we announced a forthcoming real-time data insights product, code-named Rubicon. As we head in to 2014, we will continue to be focused on developing the most useful and innovative real-time tools for people who build and run modern software.”
By delivering its software-as-a-service offering, New Relic can continually invest in new product features and offerings for its customers throughout the year, at times offering software updates as often as several times per week. Highlights from 2013 include:
- At FutureStack, its first-ever customer conference, New Relic announced its plans for a deeper software analytics offering, code named Rubicon, enabling customers to use live application data to provide clear, actionable business insights across an organization. The product will be available in 2014.
- This year New Relic revolutionized the native mobile app industry with the first and only real-time, end-to-end native mobile app solution, monitoring from within the mobile device, through the network and extending all the way to the backend services. With 3,700 mobile applications on 115 million devices, New Relic is providing the analytics needed to make data-driven decisions that ensure an optimal customer experience in the fast-moving mobile environment.
- In June, New Relic announced its extensible APM SaaS platform, enabling a seamless view to monitor any technology or component of the application stack, including database, caching, networking and PaaS/cloud services in a single location. The company now offers 80 different plugins; 9,200 total plugins have been deployed to date.
- Check out our blog for additional background and commentary
- For a copy of the Gartner Magic Quadrant Application Performance Management, click here
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About New Relic
As a leader in observability, New Relic empowers engineers with a data-driven approach to planning, building, deploying and running great software. New Relic One delivers the only unified data platform that empowers engineers to get all telemetry—metrics, events, logs and traces—paired with the most powerful full stack analysis tools to help engineers get past the 'what' to uncover the 'why.' Delivered through the industry's only consumption pricing that's intuitive and predictable, New Relic gives engineers more value for the money by helping improve planning cycle times, decrease change failure rates, accelerate release frequency and reduce mean time to resolution. This helps the world's leading brands including AB InBev, Australia Post, Banco Inter, Chegg, Gojek, REI, Signify Health, TopGolf, World Fuel Services (WFS) and Zalora improve uptime and reliability, drive operational efficiency and deliver exceptional customer experiences that fuel innovation and growth. Uncover the 'why' with New Relic at www.newrelic.com.