This workshop is a comprehensive introduction to understanding and working with Logs in New Relic. Get hands-on with your data. Practice importing logs and then parsing, filtering, dropping, and alerting on log data in New Relic One.
New Relic One weaves all of your logs and events data into a single, comprehensive view to empower you to easily correlate log data with APM, infrastructure and error data. Leverage Logs in Context where a trace and span ID is automatically applied to your Full Stack Observability content, enabling you to get to the root cause of problems quickly, without losing context switching between tools.
This workshop is a comprehensive introduction to understanding and working with logs in New Relic. Explore the different ways to bring your log data to New Relic, the fast and easy to use UI, as well as parsing, filtering, or dropping logs to match your needs.
With hands-on labs in a sandbox environment, you’ll get to search log data with ease and speed, work with partitions and AI log patterns, troubleshoot errors in applications and trace data, create charts and dashboards to share with teams, and set up alert conditions for problems you want to prevent.
Agenda and Labs:
- Brief context for logs and observability
- Log shipping and New Relic One
- Several ways to bring your log data into New Relic One
- Forwarding logs with the New Relic infrastructure agent
- Configuring plugins like FluentD
- Kubernetes plugin, Cloud integrations and Log API
- Lab: Search and visualize log data directly from the Logs UI
- Lab: Use patterns to spot outliers
- Lab: Set up alerts to notify on log data
- Applying Parsing rules and Drop Filters
- Configuring Logs in Context with an APM agent
- Lab: Troubleshooting applications with Logs in Context
- Lab: Share log data by creating custom charts and dashboards
- Questions and takeaways
SF HQ and New York
10 am Pacific / 1 pm Eastern
Thursday, July 13, 2023
Register for the Event
Get full access to New Relic for free.
Monitor your stack for free with full platform access and 100 GB of ingest per month. No credit card required.