New Relic is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, age, or religion.
We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Event participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from FutureStack17 at the discretion of New Relic staff.
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in our community, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all those who participate in FutureStack17 to help us create safe and positive experiences for everyone.
- Be respectful, kind, and professional.
- Exercise consideration and empathy in your speech and actions. Be mindful of others.
- Alert New Relic staff if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Intimidating, harassing, discriminatory, abusive, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions by any participant, at all related events and in one-on-one communications carried out in the context of FutureStack17.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images or language in public spaces, including presentation slides.
- Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion; it also includes stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior:
- Participants that are asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in harassing behavior, event managers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expelling them from FutureStack17 without refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a New Relic staff member or security guard immediately. We will be happy to help participants contact local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise provide assistance so that those experiencing harassment can feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
This Code of Conduct is based on the example policy from the Geek Feminism wiki, created by the Ada Initiative and other volunteers. A large portion was also inspired by Stumptown Syndicate’s Open Source Bridge policy.