SAN FRANCISCO — August 13, 2013 — New Relic, Inc., the software analytics platform company, today announced yet another quarter of high growth in sales and revenue, countering industry reports of a macroeconomic slowdown for some areas of IT spending. New Relic more than doubled its year-over-year revenue with a 130 percent increase and reported a healthy 20 percent growth in revenue quarter over quarter. In terms of customers, quarterly growth for paying customers was 120 percent year over year, which included many key global enterprise customer wins for both web and mobile solutions. Among the new enterprise customers in Q2 are: BBC Worldwide, Disney-ABC Television, Ericsson, Ford and Sony.
Launched in late Q1, New Relic for Mobile Apps continued its momentum into Q2:
- Added more than 100 paying customers in the first quarter
- Now monitors more than 70 million end users monthly
- Actively monitors more than 1,500 native mobile applications
- Key customer wins for native mobile applications include: Disney-ABC Television Group, Intuit, Kabam, MeetMe, Newsday, RunKeeper, Sony and StumbleUpon
Closing out the quarter with a bang, New Relic disrupted the marketplace yet again with the launch of the New Relic Plugins, a first-ever open SaaS Platform that lets developers monitor any component of the application stack with a single interface. When announced, 50 plugins, including AWS, MongoDB, and MySQL, were available on the New Relic Plugins.
In less than a month:
- More than 7,850 plugins were deployed
- Customers using the plugins include: Atlassian, Dell, GE Corporate, Groupon, Mozilla, Zendesk and Zumba
Accomplishments in Q2:
- Former Netscape CFO Peter Currie joined the New Relic board of directors
- Agile development co-creator and Wiki Inventor Ward Cunningham joined the company’s engineering team
- New Relic strengthened its partnership with Microsoft at the //build // developer conference, announcing real time insights for the Windows Azure Cloud web site and mobile app offerings
- Founder and CEO Lew Cirne was named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2013 Finalist for Northern California
- Cirne was a keynote speaker at GlueCon 2013 and GigaOm Structure
- New Relic was recognized twice by the San Francisco Times for the awards Tech and Innovation Company of the Year, and A Best Place to Work in the Bay Area
- The company was selected as a 2013 OnDemand Top 100 Companies in the Cloud Management and Tools category
New Relic By the Numbers Today:
- App Instances: Monitoring more than 2 million
- Daily Metrics: Capturing more than 143 billion
- Active Customer Accounts: 55,000 and counting
"Virtually every modern business is a software business. The problem we solve is growing more complex every day as people are using software all over the world in lots of different ways – through a web site or a mobile device. Software analytics that provide real time visibility into their customer’s experience doesn’t have to be complex or expensive. Delivered as service, our solution is available to anyone who needs it, whether they are a large enterprise with mobile app initiatives and multiple data centers and cloud providers or an entrepreneur with big plans for a new business. Our analytics are advanced and sophisticated, and yet, our interface and work flow is simple enough for anyone to use." - Lew Cirne, CEO and Founder of New Relic
New Relic is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based observability platform built to help customers create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic to make the world’s software run at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.
New Relic, Inc.
PR@newrelic.com Investor Contact
New Relic, Inc.