New Relic, Inc., the SaaS-based cloud application performance management provider, today announced at Microsoft Build 2012 that the company is strengthening its strategic relationship with Microsoft by offering an add-on option in the Windows Azure store, part of the Azure Developer Portal. Now, any developer who is deploying any mission-critical web app on Windows Azure can instantly implement New Relic’s proven capabilities for monitoring, triaging and diagnosing performance issues throughout the web application environment. New Relic is one of its inaugural add-on vendors due to its considerable experience in monitoring cloud applications, providing multi-language support and delivering unparalleled ease of deployment in cloud and hosted environments.
In three simple steps, developers can quickly deploy the New Relic web application performance management solution from inside the Windows Azure developer portal. The developer just logs into the portal, builds the application within Microsoft Visual Studio, and then implements New Relic. New Relic’s availability within Windows Azure store helps deliver fast and efficient SaaS-based, end-to-end monitoring of web applications on the Windows Azure open cloud platform.
“As an open cloud platform, Windows Azure enables independent developers to quickly build, deploy and manage applications. New Relic has close relationships with web application developers and is now poised to extend the company’s SaaS solution for monitoring and optimizing web applications to new customers. New Relic is a welcome addition to the Windows Azure Store.” -- Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Server and Tools for Microsoft Azure Application Platform
“Just as Microsoft is building a secure, open cloud platform that scales across the globe, New Relic is intent on making application performance management available to the masses with an easy-to-use SaaS offering. The Windows Azure developer portal is ideal for making people aware of the important work we do. Membership in the Windows Azure ecosystem enables us to be on the forefront of offering a more secure, cloud-ready solution to developers as they build, deploy and maintain their business-critical applications.” -- Lew Cirne, New Relic CEO and Founder
Broad Support for Windows Azure Cloud Platform
- New Relic support for Python, Ruby, PHP, Java and .NET solidifies its position as the only true polyglot SaaS APM tool available today
- New Relic supports applications deployed on Windows and Linux operating systems, providing the flexibility to manage applications from any platform
Pricing and Availability
New Relic Standard is free to Windows Azure users. A two-week trial subscription of New Relic Pro is available when they deploy the New Relic agent.
New Relic Pro is offered in three packages to Windows Azure customers:
- 1 instance $50 per month
- 2 to 5 instances $199 per month
- 6 to 10 instances $349 per month
- For counts greater than 10, volume pricing is available from New Relic
- Read commentary and watch a video about New Relic in the new Windows Azure portal on our blog
- Learn more about New Relic and the Windows Azure store here
- Sign up for New Relic on the Windows Azure Developer's Portal a Connect partner
- Learn how the Chicago Tribute leverages New Relic on Windows Azure