New Relic, Inc., the SaaS-based cloud application performance management provider, today announced that in 3Q12, the company set new records for innovation and consecutive growth on all business fronts, from the addition of global brand customer accounts, expansion of cloud partnerships, and delivery of advanced product features. This quarter the company reported its 17th quarter of consecutive growth and a revenue increase that vaulted the company into near triple growth when compared to the third quarter of 2011. The company also reached a new high of 30,000 active accounts of both paid and free customers. New Relic is the only vendor to provide 24x7 monitoring support for Java, .NET, PHP, Python and Ruby web applications, in one tool with one interface, and on one technology platform.
For third quarter 2012, New Relic:
- Added key customers including Constant Contact, Electronic Arts, E*Trade, GameSpy, Forbes, Hawaiian Airlines, Livefyre, NBCUniversal, Nikon, Salesforce, Uber, Vonage, Urban Outfitters, Zillow
- Expanded its partner ecosystem with leading PaaS and IaaS providers Microsoft Azure, Loggly, Rackspace, Rightscale, Tier3, and more
- Was placed in the "leaders" quadrant of Gartner’s August 16, 2012 "Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring"1
- Introduced the industry’s first App Speed Index, a daily big data report analyzing web performance across thousands of apps throughout the world
- Introduced SOC 2 Compliance, a security audit standard created by the American Institute for CPAs for SaaS and cloud vendors
"New Relic is an amazing company on so many accounts. In the third quarter alone, the company has again proven that it is an unstoppable machine when it comes to setting the pace for growth and innovation. The key to this unparalleled success lies both in the product that so many in the development community have come to love, and the dedicated team of engineers who focus unflinchingly on innovation, ease of use and effectiveness. Our incredible growth reflects the business community’s pent up demand for easy access to web-based performance management. We expect to close 2012 as another banner year for New Relic.” -- Chris Cook, New Relic President and COO
"With the growing demand and interest in SaaS delivered monitoring technologies, the ability to apply IT operations analytics technologies to global data sets APM on a natural path enabling public cloud services to provide value where on-premise solutions cannot. We look toward increased adoption and ultimately preference where SaaS can be applied." -- Jonah Kowall, Research Director, Gartner
- Read more about our quarterly growth on our blog.
New Relic is a registered trademark of New Relic, Inc.
1. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.