New Relic, Inc., the leading software-as-a-service provider of application performance management solutions, today announced the general availability of New Relic RPM Version 2, the next generation of its leading application performance management product. Used by IT operations and development teams around the world to monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize web applications, RPM Version 2 offers the first cross-platform performance management solution and includes significant enhancements such as scenario-based workflows, long-term SLA reporting, intuitive interface, and support for Java applications.
New Relic RPM is an application performance management solution currently used by more than 2,500 organizations to manage 25,000 production application instances deployed in corporate datacenters and in public and private clouds. RPM was designed for today’s IT operations and development teams seeking a management solution that offers proven capabilities for effective application monitoring and troubleshooting while addressing their need for speed, flexibility, and low overall cost of ownership. While in beta, more than 2000 Ruby customers and more than 300 Java customers previewed RPM Version 2.
"Backstop Solutions Group delivers essential software to hedge funds and the people who invest in them," said Chris Brown, Director of Engineering at Backstop Solutions Group. "These clients expect exceptional web application performance and availability and it’s critical that we have the ability to monitor application health on demand, around the clock. Releasing new features as often as we do, we need New Relic RPM to proactively troubleshoot potential performance issues before they affect our customers. Additionally, we can use RPM’s valuable performance data to continually optimize our software-as-a-service offering to ensure that our customers continue to get an excellent online experience."
"The time has come for IT organizations to fundamentally change the way they manage their web applications," said Lewis Cirne, New Relic founder and CEO. "New Relic RPM Version 2 is the only solution in the market today that meets the requirements for speed, simplicity, power and value demanded by today’s IT and development teams. Our approach to application management — low-TCO, software-as-a-service that uniquely crosses over between monitoring and root-cause diagnosis — has been completely validated by the market. We are just coming off the best quarter in the company’s history in terms of new customers and revenue. We are extremely excited about this release and the immediate value that it can bring to organizations deploying business-critical web applications."
New Relic RPM Version 2 includes the following enhancements:
- The industry’s first cross-platform on-demand application performance management and root-cause diagnosis tools for Rails and Java; includes support for applications developed on WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Jetty and Glassfish and frameworks such as Spring, Rails, Grails, and JEE.
- Scenario-based workflows to facilitate problem solving; Users can go from application overview to code-level diagnosis in three clicks.
- Optional on-demand pricing as an alternative to fixed monthly or annual fees, enabling pay-as-you-go flexibility.
- A re-designed intuitive interface that supports monitoring, application troubleshooting and tuning, root cause diagnosis and proactive planning.
- Long-term SLA reporting to spot performance trends and improve communication of application performance to business managers.