New Relic (NYSE: NEWR), the all-in-one observability platform for every engineer, announced that Virgin Australia, a leading Australian airline, has deepened its partnership with New Relic to enhance the delivery of online services to its customers.
Virgin Australia understands the critical role online services play in delivering exceptional customer experiences. By using New Relic to establish a more proactive observability posture, Virgin Australia gains deep insights into its digital infrastructure, enabling faster troubleshooting and continuous improvement of its online and internal services. As part of Virgin Australia’s digital transformation, the New Relic observability platform has been deployed across mobile applications, websites, existing custom applications, and the airline’s new microservice platform to proactively monitor the availability of these critical services.
“New Relic has become an essential integrated toolset for Virgin Australia, providing unparalleled efficiency and observability at every level,” said Virgin Australia Head of Infrastructure and Support Simon Lawrence. “The real-time data, flexible query-based thresholding and smart deviation detection have substantially reduced noise and the time required to configure actionable alerting, allowing us to get on the front foot to proactively detect, respond, and resolve incidents.”
Implementations and benefits include:
- Reduction in resolution time: Through automatic correlation with underlying infrastructure, end-to-end traces, and code-level performance statistics, Virgin Australia has significantly reduced the time from detection to remediation.
- Reduction in critical system P1 and P2 alerts: New Relic Alert management is a key driver for detecting degradation in service performance and providing a single source of truth for support staff to identify issues quickly.
- Improving developer productivity: The entire development team can focus more on tasks that deliver value to customers, rather than manually monitoring logging and infrastructure tools.
- Lower investigation time: Using New Relic application performance monitoring (APM), engineering teams can get ahead of issues as soon as they arise to minimise any impact on the end-user experience.
- Improving business-level reporting: Engineering teams can use New Relic dashboards to proactively communicate the health of the digital business with company stakeholders.
Virgin Australia is also in the process of rolling out New Relic Log Management to further improve visibility across its entire stack.
“Virgin Australia is an iconic brand that prides itself on delivering the best customer experience in-flight and online,” said New Relic ANZ Regional Vice President Jason Leonidas. “New Relic is proud to have played a role in their transformation and we look forward to supporting the further rollout of New Relic as their systems and infrastructure evolves.”
The New Relic observability platform democratizes data beyond the typical backend users, making it available to groups such as customer service, support, product, sales, marketing, and business executives. Having this data front and center empowers organizations to effectively visualize the relationships among developers, operations, and customers with a curated business performance dashboard that gives teams an overview of how users are experiencing their applications. Knowing how customers use or abandon applications and services helps brands improve infrastructure and adjust strategy.
New customers can sign up for free or request a demo.