New Relic (NYSE: NEWR), the observability company, announced it has been named a Leader in the 2022 GigaOm Radar for Cloud Observability Solutions. This new GigaOm report provides the market with one of the first in-depth assessments of observability solution providers based on specific evaluation metrics, including: key product features and characteristics, product roadmap, innovation, strength of ecosystem, and execution. GigaOm recognized New Relic as a Leader and a Forward Mover because of its outstanding capabilities in reporting, user interaction performance, and multi-cloud resource view. GigaOm also praised New Relic for its leadership in OpenTelemetry capabilities, exceptional docs and execution for ease of use, microservice detection, support for public, private and hybrid cloud deployments.
“Digital transformation has impacted operational awareness in many ways, including the need for cloud observability solutions. From large enterprises to small startups, cloud computing is changing the way businesses look at IT,” said Ron Williams, Principal Analyst, GigaOm. “The strongest single-vendor solutions continue to come from companies like New Relic with application performance monitoring backgrounds. [New Relic] provides application performance management as well as infrastructure, browser, real user, synthetics, mobile, AIOps, and native client monitoring.”
“Observability is mission critical for enterprises of every size to maintain operational awareness of their software deployed across public, private, hybrid and edge cloud infrastructure. We address this need by empowering every engineer to do their best work based on data, not opinions,” said New Relic CEO Bill Staples. “This recognition from GigaOm is proof that our bold strategy to move away from disjointed SKU bundles to offer the only all-in-one observability platform with a secure telemetry cloud, powerful full-stack analysis tools and predictable consumption pricing is the ideal platform for enterprises.”
New Relic helps leading software teams make observability a daily practice across the entire software lifecycle. With the New Relic all-in-one observability platform, every engineer regardless of their role - backend, web, mobile, infrastructure ops, network, SRE, DevOps, and more - can see relevant data and analysis for the services they own, and also see dependencies across their tech stack. That's why businesses using New Relic report improvements in uptime and reliability, higher operational efficiency, and better exceptional customer experiences that fuel innovation and growth. Highlights on the value New Relic delivers to customers as noted within the report include:
- New Relic provides full-stack visibility from the client side (mobile, browser) to back-end services, to databases, infrastructure, and networks, with the ability to view traces and logs in context. Automap capabilities allow dependencies to be visualized.
- New Relic's AIOps is integrated into all capabilities and is available for free for all full users. It includes anomaly detection, root cause analysis assistance, and incident mitigation.
- Dashboards provide visibility of data with a library of built-in charts and templates available as well as New Relic’s programmable platform that builds custom visualizations.
- New Relic includes OpenTelemetry APM, which provides exporters to ingest telemetry data into a single, fully managed telemetry data platform. A single set of APIs and libraries are provided to standardize telemetry data collection, eliminating the need to create code.
- New Relic is a top-10 contributor to OpenTelemetry. Pixie, an open-source observability tool for Kubernetes applications is offered as part of the New Relic observability platform to capture telemetry data without the need for manual instrumentation.
Download a complementary copy of the 2022 GigaOm Radar for Cloud Observability Solutions here.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements, as that term is defined under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to statements regarding New Relic’s products, including any anticipated benefits, results and future opportunities related thereto. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements are based on New Relic’s current assumptions, expectations, and beliefs and are subject to substantial risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause New Relic’s actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement. Further information on factors that could affect New Relic’s financial and other results and the forward-looking statements in this press release is included in the filings New Relic makes with the SEC from time to time, including in New Relic’s most recent Form 10-Q, particularly under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations.” Copies of these documents may be obtained by visiting New Relic’s Investor Relations website at http://ir.newrelic.com or the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. New Relic assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.