Software analytics company New Relic, Inc. (NYSE: NEWR), announced today that New Relic Insights, a real-time analytics platform that collects, stores and presents data, will extend its capabilities to provide real-time insights about customers for mobile apps. New Relic Insights already empowers application developers and business users alike to make queries across trillions of software events and metrics, and get answers in milliseconds. With this release, New Relic Insights will allow companies to easily unlock app performance, crash and user engagement data from their mobile apps, delivering real-time answers to their questions about their mobile business.
In addition to the new, out-of-the-box mobile data, the New Relic real-time analytics platform can also analyze custom events and attributes to support the needs of individual businesses. A range of data can be tracked in the apps by applying New Relic’s short and simple lines of code - from product IDs to subscription levels to purchase prices. Customers can enrich their standard, performance-focused data from New Relic Insights with business-relevant data, to enable tailored technical and business analysis of their applications.
Benefits of New Relic Insights include:
• Groundbreaking, Ad Hoc Querying for Mobile Data. Staying agile and responsive to the customer digital experience has gotten easier and more cost effective using New Relic’s cloud analytics solution, New Relic Insights.
• Turnkey Access to a New Breadth of Data. Once developers insert New Relic’s mobile SDK into their apps, they will automatically have access to mobile app performance, app crashes, and user engagement data without any additional code.
• Business and IT Strategies Using Customer Engagement Data. Mobile teams will be able to develop data-driven strategies for sales, product development, customer support, and marketing teams with analysis and out-of-the-box visibility into the kind of devices they are using and how much time they are spending on new features. The analysis becomes even more powerful when the data is coupled with other interesting business data, which can be accessed through New Relic Insights custom events and attributes.
• Granular Data in Real Time. New Relic Insights will store data from mobile SDKs, enabling fine-grained analysis by user group, mobile carrier, network response time, and more.
• Developer Productivity. Because New Relic Insights collects a broad set of data with a single SDK, developers will be able to reduce their dependencies on multiple SDKs, resulting in greater app stability and easier troubleshooting.
Ways to Use New Relic’s Out-of-the-Box Mobile Data
• Track Customer Engagement and Adoption of New Features. If your mobile team has released a new feature set that is specific to users in multiple cities across the globe, you can use New Relic Insights to refine and adjust your new features by determining in real time the frequency and adoption of the new features according to the region, the carrier, and the device.
• Visualize Performance Impact on Key Business Goals. If your engineering team has created a new checkout page on your mobile app, but conversion rates have not grown as intended, with New Relic Insights, the mobile data will be able to show you that the new checkout page is using a huge amount of memory on the end-user’s device and you will be able to establish a pattern of crashes. Your mobile team can then immediately identify and correct performance issues that are impacting the customer experience, so you can increase revenues and protect your brand.
“BloomThat has seen incredible results from using the entire New Relic suite, including New Relic Insights and New Relic Mobile, to better understand our service and offer a better customer experience. With a great deal of our customers ordering flowers through the BloomThat mobile app, we are extremely excited about the next step for New Relic Insights to gain real-time, detailed data to scale our mobile business and keep our customers happy.”
- Kevin Klein, Vice President of Engineering, BloomThat
“We believe that having access to a solution with ad hoc and iterative querying for mobile data is a groundbreaking event. Successful mobile teams should have the ability to analyze in real time how their business is doing and the state of their relationships with their customers. New Relic Insights’ ability to analyze mobile-centric data helps bridge both IT and business disciplines, furthering our vision to make software analytics accessible to anyone – from developers, to IT operations, and beyond.”
- Todd Etchieson, Vice President of Product Management, Analytics, New Relic
New Relic Insights using mobile data is expected to be generally available in calendar Q2 2015. New Relic customers interested in joining the beta program can sign up here.
For further information on New Relic Insights using mobile app data:
• Don’t miss our blog
• New Relic staff will be demoing and discussing these new features at Mobile World Congress and Pepcom, in Barcelona, from March 1-5.
• Once generally available, technical details will be on New Relic’s documentation site.
About New Relic
New Relic is a software analytics company that makes sense of billions of data points about millions of applications in real time. New Relic’s comprehensive SaaS-based solution provides one powerful interface for web and native mobile applications and consolidates the performance monitoring data for any chosen technology in your environment. More than 250,000 users and 11,000 paid business accounts trust New Relic to tap into the billions of real-time metrics from inside their production software -- and provide answers to their important business questions. When your brand and customer experience depend on the performance of modern software, New Relic provides insight into your overall environment. Learn more at http://newrelic.com.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements, as that term is defined under the federal securities laws, including but not limited to future products and features, release dates, and benefits to customers. The achievement or success of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements are based on New Relic’s current assumptions, expectations, and beliefs and are subject to substantial risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and changes in circumstances that may cause New Relic’s actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in any forward-looking statement. Further information on factors that could affect New Relic’s financial and other results and the forward-looking statements in this press release is included in the filings we make with the SEC from time to time, including in New Relic’s most recent Form 10-Q, particularly under the captions “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations.” Copies of these documents may be obtained by visiting New Relic’s Investor Relations website at http://ir.newrelic.com or the SEC's website at www.sec.gov. New Relic assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law.