Software analytics company New Relic today announced that it has joined the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), a not-for-profit organization working to establish and promote best practices and education for security assurance in the cloud computing industry with industry leading members such as Google, Amazon Web Services, Salesforce.com and Box among many others. As a pure SaaS application performance management (APM) solution provider, New Relic is promoting industry transparency and customer visibility into the security practices. Customers can download the CSA’s STAR report that documents New Relic’s network and application security controls.
The CSA membership is only the latest security advancement New Relic has taken to assure the security of its network and its service for its over 200,000 users. Not only is New Relic hosted in a secure tier 3 SSAE-16 certified data center, but it has also undergone and completed a comprehensive SOC 2 Type II audit for three consecutive years. As industry standards set by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), SOC 1 and SOC 2 certifications taken together set New Relic apart as a company that not only meets compliance requirements for the security of its data centers but also provides validated and mature security controls for its internal processes governing the management of New Relic customers’ data.
Other Security Measures That New Relic Employs
- Continuous Monitoring – New Relic employs both internal and third-party services to perform continuous security scanning to both the network and applications to ensure that our applications and servers are secure.
- Compliance Friendly – New Relic can be configured to operate securely in regulated environments such as PCI, HIPAA or SOX.
- Enterprise Mode – New Relic offers high security settings that configure data collection settings to help prevent employees from accidently enabling the transmission of sensitive data.
“Joining the CSA is the type of transparency that instills customer confidence and, at the same time, builds on best practices and standards for others to follow. As a pure SaaS solution provider for software analytics, we aim to set a high bar for the security of our customers’ data. For three years running, we have completed the rigorous SOC 2 security audit on our service, and we offer service configuration features that enable customer compliance in regulated environments.”
- Shaun Gordon, Chief Information Security Officer, New Relic
“Customers have reason to be concerned with how their data is being handled through cloud providers. Shaun Gordon and his team have adopted mature security practices when compared to today’s cloud providers. New Relic’s expertise in securely supporting hundreds of thousands of users with its real-time software analytics solution is a welcome addition to the CSA community.”
- Jim Reavis, CEO of the Cloud Security Alliance
- For more information visit New Relic joining the CSA, read the blog here.
About the Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders. For further information, visit us at www.cloudsecurityalliance.org, and follow us on Twitter @cloudsa.