Join us for an introduction to leveraging logs in New Relic. Get hands-on with log data, master importation, parsing, filtering, dropping, and setting up alerts.
In this 90-minute online workshop, you’ll work in a sandbox environment, search New Relic log data, work with partitions and AI log patterns, troubleshoot application errors and trace data, create charts and dashboards for seamless team collaboration, and configure proactive alert conditions to address potential issues.
- What logs in context is and its role in observability
- What log shipping is and how it works in New Relic
- How to apply parsing rules and drop filters
- Ways to bring your log data into New Relic
- How to forward logs with the New Relic infrastructure agent
- Configuring plugins like FluentD, Kubernetes cloud integrations and log API
The lab sessions will cover:
- Troubleshooting applications with logs in context
- Sharing log data by creating custom charts and dashboards
- Using patterns to spot outliers
- Searching and visualising log data directly from the logs UI
- Setting up alerts to notify on log data