Synthetics is all about proactive monitoring without using agents, and offers a wide variety of use cases for monitoring availability, functionality and performance. You can use New Relic Synthetics to run automated tests to find out where specific errors and slow pages are, so you can deliver the best digital customer experience.
In this 90 minute open-laptop online workshop, you’ll learn how to leverage the power of Synthetic monitors to help you track, optimise and alert on the parts of your systems or websites which matter most. Through a series of labs, you'll setup different monitors for specific use cases like critical-pathway testing or API tests, use them to report on your SLAs and SLOs, chart their performance with dashboards, and use powerful NRQL alerts to notify of issues.
- Introduction to synthetics and proactive monitoring
- Use cases across availability, functionality and performance
- Monitor types: Ping, simple browser, scripted browser, API test
- SLA’s and reporting:
- Aggregate and individual monitors
- Dashboards to chart monitor performance
- Field testing vs RUM comparative charting
- Secure credentials and private locations
- Monitor alerts: Synthetic alerts and NRQL alerts