New Relic One weaves all of your logs and events data into a single, comprehensive view to empower you to easily correlate log data with APM, infrastructure, and error data. Leverage Logs in Context where a trace and span ID is automatically applied to your Full-Stack Observability content, enabling you to get to the root cause of problems quickly, without losing context switching between tools.
This workshop is a comprehensive introduction to understanding and working with logs in New Relic One. Explore the different ways to bring your log data to New Relic, the fast and easy to use UI, as well as parsing, filtering, or dropping logs to match your needs.
With hands-on labs in a sandbox environment, you’ll get to search log data with ease and speed, work with partitions and AI log patterns, troubleshoot errors in applications and trace data, create charts and dashboards to share with teams, and set up alert conditions for problems you want to prevent.
Everyone who attends this online workshop can claim a complementary Jenga set - of "logs"!*
Agenda and labs:
- Brief context for logs and observability
- Log shipping and New Relic One
- Several ways to bring your log data into New Relic One
- Forwarding logs with the New Relic infrastructure agent
- Configuring plugins like FluentD
- Kubernetes plugin, cloud integrations and log API
- Lab: Search and visualise log data directly from the logs UI
- Lab: Use patterns to spot outliers
- Lab: Set up alerts to notify on log data
- Applying parsing rules and drop filters
- Configuring Logs in Context with an APM agent
- Lab: Troubleshooting applications with Logs in Context
- Lab: Share log data by creating custom charts and dashboards
- Questions and takeaways.
*Due to shipping regulations, we can only ship SWAG items to the following countries:
Aland Islands (Finland), Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Northern Cyprus, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, Vatican City.