What’s included in the
New Relic free tier?
Side By side with DataDog.
What are engineers doing with
the New Relic free tier?
Learn how engineering teams are using our free tier to monitor their stack.
How are you using the New Relic free tier?
Use the hashtag #newrelicfreetier on social media to show us how you’re using the free tier.
How else can you use the
New Relic free tier?
Access dashboards that you can use to understand and customize the data you collect and correlate connected sources with charts for fast, efficient troubleshooting.
Simulate user journeys on your web application across devices and throughout the application lifecycle—and protect your customers from an imperfect user experience.
Analyze intra-cluster communication and latency with service, DNS, and network flow graphs. Understand how app performance and cluster resources impact each other so you can diagnose cluster problems such as OOMKills, failed image pulls, and crash loops.
Website Performance Monitoring
Keep your website fast and error-free, improve your customer experience, and improve conversion rates—all with our plug-and-play, free-forever tool.
One platform. One price.
New Relic Free Tier FAQ
There’s no catch. Every engineer now has instant access to New Relic’s powerful complete observability platform at no cost, forever.
The new perpetual free offering includes access to New Relic with no hidden costs or credit card required, including:
- 100 GB of free data ingest from any source every month.
- Unlimited basic users that have the ability to run queries and create and view custom dashboards.
- One free standard user. This includes full access to every capability within New Relic: APM, infrastructure monitoring, digital experience monitoring, logs, serverless monitoring, and more.
Once an engineer’s usage increases beyond these levels, New Relic makes it easy for customers to upgrade to meet their growing needs.
You can access all of New Relic beyond the free tier limits with a monthly, pay-as-you-go option, or with volume discounts when you commit to an annual usage amount. It’s very similar to how you might already pay for cloud platforms and services. Here’s how it works:
- All new accounts start with a perpetually free tier. You can add data sources, invite teammates, and use the entire platform.
- As you exceed the free limits, you’ll be prompted to add your credit card, and you’ll only be charged for what you use above the free limit each month.
- If you’re looking for volume discounts, more predictability, or are already on an annual subscription with New Relic, you can choose the annual pool of funds option.
Unlike other commit pricing options in the industry, the annual pool of funds approach gives you more flexibility to accommodate seasonal spikes and dips in usage. That flexibility comes from having an annual commitment pool with roll overs between months rather than a monthly commitment amount with a use-it-or-lose-it limitation or monthly overage bills.