This plugin consist in a JAVA process that continuously pulls metrics from a running Terracotta Server Array (TSA) at scheduled intervals, and makes use of New Relic’s RESTful metric publishing API (at https://platform-api.newrelic.com/platform/v1/metrics) to push aggregated metrics to the NewRelic platform.
This plugin is part of the 2-plugins bundle (Ehcache and Terracotta)
IMPORTANT NOTE 1: This plugin does rely on a running Terracotta (OSS or EE), and will not work at this point for applications using the Ehcache-only / Ehcache Standalone library.
When running the agent, you will see 2 new plugin tabs in your New Relic plugins section:
- Terracotta: This tab is all about the Terracotta server-specific metrics such as clients connected, offheap used, read/write rates, etc...
- Ehcache: This tab has all the cache-specific stats such as cache sizes by tiers, hit/miss ratios, hit/miss rates, etc...
IMPORTANT NOTE 2: Also, this plugin is not officially supported by Software AG / Terracotta While it has been tested with various versions of Terracotta 4.x (both Enterprise and OSS) and should work for you, it's not a guarantee. Please report bugs or feature enhancements directly on this github project and we volunteers will make every efforts to fix things in a timely manner.
IMPORTANT NOTE 3: This plugin is not designed to work with Terracotta 3.x and below (only Terracotta 4.x / ehcache 2.8 and above)
- A New Relic account. Signup for a free account at http://newrelic.com
- A configured Java Developer Kit (JDK) - version 1.6 or better
- Access to a running Terracotta Server (version 4.x)
- (Only if using Terracotta EE) Access to Terracotta Management Console (TMC)
- Plugin must be able to connect via HTTP REST to Terracotta or TMC (based on mode of connection chosen)
See https://github.com/Terracotta-OSS/terracotta-newrelic-plugin/ for detailed installations
Available at https://github.com/Terracotta-OSS/terracotta-newrelic-plugin
Software is provided as-is and supported on a volunteer basis. Not officially supported by Software AG / Terracotta.
The Terracotta plugin extends the power of New Relic's monitoring capabilities.
Get This Plugin
Already have a New Relic account? Log in and begin using this plugin.