New Relic Plugin for Unix (AIX, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris/SunOS) systems. Collects OS-level statistics from Unix systems using common Unix commands such as 'df, 'iostat', 'netstat', 'ps' and 'vmstat'. Written in Java for maximum portability across OS platforms.
- A New Relic account. Sign up for a free account here
- An AIX, Linux, Mac OS X or Solaris server that you want to monitor
- Java Runtime (JRE) environment Version 1.6 or later
- Network access to New Relic (proxies are supported, see details below)
Note: A longer, more detailed form of these instructions can be found with the Github repo: https://github.com/sschwartzman/newrelic-unix-plugin/blob/master/README.md
- Download the latest version of the agent
- G-Unzip on Unix server that you want to monitor
- Configure config/newrelic.json
- Copy appropriate config/plugin.json.[platform] to config/plugin.json
- Edit pluginctl.sh to have the correct paths to Java and your plugin location
- Run ./pluginctl.sh start from command-line
The source code is available on GitHub for full review. https://github.com/sschwartzman/newrelic-unix-plugin
The Unix System Monitor plugin is offered under the MIT license.
Support is offered by the author via the issues page in the plugin's Github repo: https://github.com/sschwartzman/newrelic-unix-plugin/issues
The Unix (AIX | Linux | Mac OS X | Solaris) plugin extends the power of New Relic's monitoring capabilities.
Get This Plugin
Already have a New Relic account? Log in and begin using this plugin.