This plugin collects Hadoop Cluster health and performance metrics, by acting as a sink for the Hadoop Metrics2 framework. It is built using the New Relic Plugin Java SDK.
Note: A longer, more detailed form of these instructions can be found with the Github repo: https://github.com/sschwartzman/newrelic-hadoop-plugin/blob/master/README.md
- Download and extract the agent onto your Hadoop server(s)
- Add plugin JAR and supporting JARs to the classpath for your Hadoop processes.
- Add & edit the sink configuration in [hadoop_root]/conf/hadoop-metrics2.properties
- Update the hadoop-metrics2.properties file to have your license key.
- Restart your Hadoop processes... and that's it!
The source code is available on GitHub for full review. https://github.com/sschwartzman/newrelic-hadoop-plugin
This plugin is offered as-is under the MIT license. However, if you find any bugs or have any suggestions for it, please let me know.
Support is offered by the author via the issues page in the plugin's Github repo: https://github.com/sschwartzman/newrelic-hadoop-plugin/issues
The Hadoop plugin extends the power of New Relic's monitoring capabilities.
Get This Plugin
Already have a New Relic account? Log in and begin using this plugin.