Visualize NGINX web server load and performance with this plugin provided by the original authors of NGINX.
Collect and display key load metrics to track your nginx instances behavior.
This plugin was created by the original authors of NGINX web server. It allows to collect and report various important counters from an NGINX web server instance such as:
- Active client connections
- Idle (keepalive) client connections
- Client connections accept/drop rate
- Average client requests per second
If you happen to use NGINX Plus product, additional set of components is available for detailed monitoring:
- Upstreams (all upstream servers breakdown by state, upstream connections, bandwidth usage, response rate breakdown by HTTP status code, health checks status)
- Virtual servers (request rate, response rate breakdown by HTTP status code, bandwidth usage)
- Caches (cached/uncached response rate breakdown by cache status, traffic usage, on-disk cache storage, hit ratios)
Metrics will be charted in the New Relic User Interface and you will be able to configure alerts based on the values reported by this plugin.
To use this plugin, you must have the following:
- at least one running NGINX or NGINX Plus instance
- a New Relic account
Plugin is available as a package for the following platforms:
- Ubuntu 14.04 (trusty), 16.04 (xenial), 17.04 (zesty), 17.10 (artful)
- Debian 8 (jessie), 9 (stretch)
- CentOS/RHEL 6, 7
Installation and running
- Click the Continue button and complete the brief form (this is one-time action).
- Follow the instructions to set up permanent free access to the repositories containing the plugin package.
- Install the
nginx-nr-agentpackage using standard package management tools (yum, apt-get).
- Insert your New Relic license key and NGINX/NGINX Plus status URL into
service nginx-nr-agent startto start the agent in daemon mode.
More in-depth installation and configuration details are included in the README.txt file bundled into the
NGINX, Inc. provides free support for this plugin at the following e-mail: email@example.com. Feel free to inquire should you have any installation or configuration problem and we will do our best to help you. Please don't forget to provide your e-mail address upon downloading the plugin since it's part of the support request validation.
The nginx web server plugin extends the power of New Relic's monitoring capabilities.
Get This Plugin
Already have a New Relic account? Log in and begin using this plugin.