XenServer Monitor Plugin for Newrelic Fetches metrics from Xen Hosts and VM and pushes to NewRelic over https.
- CPU Usage
- Memory Usage
- Network Activity (Rx/Tx Mbps per interface)
- Drive Activity (Throughput, IOPS, IO Wait, Latency)
- Xen Hosts Data (XAPI Memory, dom0 load)
The amount of metrics available will depend on your XenServer version. The module has been tested with Xen 6.2, 6.5 and 7.0.
Install NodeJs and NPM (https://nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager/) Download plugin from GitHub and extract Inside the plugin directory, install the required npm modules (npm install async xen-api xml2js)
- Pool Master(s)
- Username/Password (Same as XenCenter)
- Specify timezone offset in tzOffset (if the timezone differs between the node.js server vs XenServers)
- Newrelic license key and host name of the server this script will run it.
We use PM2 (http://pm2.keymetrics.io) as a node process manager, which enables node.js script to run forever, gather logs, and to run at boot.
npm install pm2@latest -g pm2 start xen_monitor.js
pm2 stop 0 pm2 restart 0 pm2 reload 0
To start at boot: pm2 startup, followed by pm2 save
As-Is. Use at your own risk etc.
Use github page for support issues.
The XenServer plugin extends the power of New Relic's monitoring capabilities.
Get This Plugin
Already have a New Relic account? Log in and begin using this plugin.