A New Relic Plugin that gathers data from nfsiostat to push to newrelic.
This is "tested" on CentOS 6, but should work on RHEL/CentOS/etc 5-7.
- Detailed NFS Statistics for ALL mountpoints or a "list"
- Python 2.6.x or 2.7.x
- Linux Kernel with /proc/self/mountstats
- NFS Mounted Filesystems to monitor ;)
- Download the RPM from the latest release
- yum localinstall (filename).rpm
- EDIT: /etc/newrelic-nfsiostat.conf
- Set your license key in the key setting
- Enable proxy if necessary
service newrelic-nfsiostat start
service newrelic-nfsiostat stop
- Please restart newrelic-nfsiostat after upgrading (yes, the RPM should do that, no it currently doesn't)
This type of installation is for experts only * https://github.com/LarkIT/newrelic-nfsiostat * Build RPM * Dowload the source and execute:
``` python setup.py sdist_rpm cd dist/ yum localinstall <RPM You Just Made>.rpm ```
- Source Distribution
- Download the source and execute:
python setup.py sdist cd dist/ tar zxf <The Tarball> cd <The Directory you just unzipped> python setup.py install
We are loosely using GPLv2, withiout having really read or understood the consequences or benefits.
Support is only on a best effort basis. We are using this module, it works for us. Your milege may vary. Please file an issue in GitHub if you have problems, suggestions, etc.
Please Fork, branch and submit pull requests :)
- Mon Nov 24 2014 Tommy McNeely firstname.lastname@example.org 0.2.5-1
fixes #16 - More complete fix to the /dev/tty issues (See Issue #7)
Tue Nov 04 2014 Tommy McNeely email@example.com 0.2.4-1
Fixed Issue #13 - Crash on error handling (See Issue #8)
Tue Nov 04 2014 Tommy McNeely firstname.lastname@example.org 0.2.3-1
- Updating to v0.2.3
- Fixed Issue #8 - Crash on httplib.BadStatusLine
- Fixed Issue #7 - Crash on start at boot (No such device /dev/tty)
Fixed Issue #6 - Fix for no data when using NFSv4 (ReadDirPlus)
Thu Jun 26 2014 Tommy McNeely email@example.com 0.2.2-1
- Updating to v0.2.2
Adds NFS Aggregate Stats
Thu Jun 26 2014 Tommy McNeely firstname.lastname@example.org 0.2.1-1
Fixing scripts, package names, etc
Thu Jun 26 2014 Tommy McNeely email@example.com 0.2.0-1
- Initial RPM after forking from NewRHELic
The NFS Statistics plugin extends the power of New Relic's monitoring capabilities.
Get This Plugin
Already have a New Relic account? Log in and begin using this plugin.