The New Relic ClearClouds Plugin is published and supported by ClearClouds team. This plugin provides real-time network visibility from wire data that is typically unavailable from APM solutions. Currently the following metrics are recorded:
- Throughput: Total, Inbound and Outbound
- Latency: Client side, Server side,
- Close Status: FIN, TIMEOUT, RESET
- New/Close connections : Requests per second
- Re-transmission Rate
- Attack (count per second): SYN, Scan
- Status Codes Count
- Error Rate
- Apdex: users' satisfaction rate on URL
New Relic allows you to setup at most 5 metrics. For each of the metrics, you can set a caution threshold and a critical threshold signaled by different colors. Alert policies can be configured against those metrics. When an alert is trigged, New relic platform will not only display it on the GUI, but also inform you via an email or other ways based on your configuration. The alert frequency is once per 30 minutes. Below are the metrics:
- Error Rate
The NewRelic ClearClouds Plugin need to be installed on the same appliance as the iProbe.
- OS : CentOS6.2 64Bits or later
- Software : Python 2.6 or later
- Download the plugin from https://github.com/GitClearClouds/iprobe-newrelic-plugin
- Enter the download directory
- Unzip iprobe-newrelic-plugin-master.zip
- cd iprobe-newrelic-plugin
- chmod -R 777 ./*
- sudo python setup.py install
Configuration and Running
iprobe_ plugin -d <datadir> -n <pluginid> -k <newrelickey>
<datadir> : your data directory
<pluginid> : your plugin name, generally server name
<newrelickey> : your license key from your New Relic account.
iprobe_plugin -d /home/juyun/datafile -n ClearClouds -k <newrelic license key>
Execute the plugin
Plugin Download: https://github.com/gitclearclouds/iprobe-newrelic-plugin
Your license key from your New Relic account.
The ClearClouds plugin extends the power of New Relic's monitoring capabilities.
Get This Plugin
Already have a New Relic account? Log in and begin using this plugin.