New Relic for Atlassian Confluence
The New Relic for Atlassian Confluence plugin allows you to track metrics in two categories: Confluence usage statistics, and Java metrics. The metrics are sampled every 60 seconds.
Confluence usage statistics
This category of Confluence metrics includes:
- The number of site spaces
- The number of personal spaces
- The total number of spaces
- The number of current content items (pages, blog posts, etc)
- The number of previous (earlier versions than current) content items
- The total number of content items
- The number of local users
- The number of local groups
This category includes a few Java internal metrics that are known to affect Confluence's performance. Although a much more comprehensive view of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) internals would be provided by New Relic's APM product, in many cases, a more coarse-grained view is sufficient for basic Confluence server health monitoring. The included metrics are:
- The number of available processors
- The amount of memory used by Java
- The amount of free memory available
- The total amount of server memory
This plugin is compatible with Atlassian Confluence version 5.5.6 and later.
You will need System Administrator privileges on your Confluence instance in order to install the add-on for that platform, and configure it with your New Relic account details.
In order that metrics about your Confluence instance can be published to you New Relic account, your Confluence instance will need access to the Internet via SSL (HTTPS), and specifically the
Download the Confluence add-on from the AppFusions download page: https://www.appfusions.com/display/NEWRELICCONF/Downloads+and+Notes. The Confluence add-on is supplied as a file with a
Perform these steps to install the add-on in Confluence:
- Log into Confluence using an account that has System Administrator privileges.
- From the Confluence menu bar click Administration (the cog icon) -> Add-ons.
- Click Manage add-ons.
- Click Upload add-on.
- Click Choose File and use the resulting file browser to select the
.obrfile that you downloaded earlier.
- Click Upload. The add-on will be installed in Confluence. When it has finished being installed, a dialog will appear indicating that the installation was successful.
- In the installation completion dialog box, click Configure. This will take you to the New Relic for Atlassian Confluence license and configuration page. You can also get to that page by clicking the 'New Relic for Confluence' link under 'APPFUSIONS ADD-ONS' in the Confluence Administration area. Follow the instructions below for licensing and configuring the New Relic for Atlassian Confluence plugin.
Obtaining and installing a license
In order to activate the New Relic for Atlassian Confluence add-on, you must obtain a free license. Visit the plugin license and configuration page by clicking the 'New Relic for Confluence' link under 'APPFUSIONS ADD-ONS' in the Confluence Administration area.
Click Request a License, and follow the instructions for obtaining a license for the plugin.
When you have obtained your license, simply copy-and-paste the license key into the License panel, where you see 'Paste your license key here'. Then click Install.
To activate the New Relic for Atlassian Confluence plugin, you'll need to obtain a license (free) from AppFusions, and then configure the plugin in Confluence's Administration area. Please see the plugin documentation for further details: https://www.appfusions.com/display/NEWRELICCONF/Documentation.
AppFusions provides support for this plugin. To view frequently-asked questions, or to find out how to contact an AppFusions support person, visit the support page: https://www.appfusions.com/display/NEWRELICCONF/Support.
The Atlassian Confluence® plugin extends the power of New Relic's monitoring capabilities.
Get This Plugin
Already have a New Relic account? Log in and begin using this plugin.