When it comes to streaming live video, Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM) is the gold standard — with a dedicated streaming platform for MLB as well as high-profile clients like HBO Now. Since seamless performance at peak demand is critical for their users, MLBAM embraced a DevOps approach to application development and deployment, leading them to Amazon Web Services and New Relic.
Read this case study now to find out how, thanks to the scalability of AWS and visibility from New Relic, MLBAM was able to:
- Remove performance bottlenecks and minimize lag between real-time video and data distribution to customers
- Make performance data clear and commonly available across teams
- Troubleshoot complex applications with APIs to other systems
- Optimize resource allocation and significantly reduce their mean-time-to-recovery
“The amount of information we gain with the New Relic AWS integration makes it vastly easier to not only understand issues when they emerge, but to become more predictive and work to resolve them before they happen.”
– Brandon SanGiovanni, Senior Manager, Core Media Operations, MLBAM