Written by New Relic Principal Cloud Architect Lee Atchison, Architecting for Scale helps you avoid the “death spiral” for a growing application environment — brownouts, blackouts, and other quality of service and availability problems. Learn basic techniques for building web applications that can reliably handle huge quantities of traffic, as well as huge variability in traffic, without impacting the quality your customers expect.
You’ll learn about:
- Service Oriented Architectures, including services and microservices, for building distributed systems that are more resilient to localized failures
- How to create designs and systems with failures in mind, so you can reduce brittleness and maintain higher availability
- Forward-looking risk management to help identify potential system problems
- Building out your engineering team so they can manage web applications that scale successfully
- Responsive monitoring tips that will help you quickly identify problems when your application begins to act abnormally