Product Manager – Browser
We're looking for a seasoned Product Manager with a strong background in Ops or Dev who cares deeply about elegantly solving the application performance and monitoring challenges faced by modern front-end web application developers and operators.
We are the only multi-platform, SaaS-native web application performance management company. We thrive on providing solutions and tools that help developers and DevOps teams monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the performance of their web and mobile applications. And, we are having a ton of fun doing great work.
We are looking for a Product Manager who understands the difference between PUT and POST, HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2.0, jQuery and AngularJS, Dev and Ops but who also understands business strategy, constraints, and planning.
At New Relic, you will be a core leader in the team responsible for driving product strategy and vision, relations with customers and our partner ecosystem, working with Engineering to deliver breakthrough products, and growing the business in partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
- Develop the overall product strategy for New Relic’ Browser offering, informed by customer and market insights, competitive pressures, technical capability, and internal initiatives/assets – and use it to align and energize key stakeholders and team members responsible for the overall business.
- In collaboration with Engineering, define a detailed, rolling 4-quarter product roadmap based on the product strategy and drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key metrics, market forces, and changes in execution resources.
- Lead the business during the full product lifecycle – from requirements definition, to delivery, to end of life – collaborating with other teams across the company, including Engineering, UX, QA, Ops, Support, and Marketing and Sales counterparts.
- Communicate a clear set of business priorities and customer imperatives at all times and actively work with the extended team to drive key trade-off decisions.
- Establish business metrics and key customer/market research questions and work with market research (or build your own process) to gather key customer insights to inform optimization or new product development. Maintain an active view of key competitors and their anticipated next moves. Deeply engage other parts of the team in this process.
- Collaborate with Sales Management, Marketing, Finance, and other relevant teams to provide the market context and key drivers that feed the revenue forecast and longer-term outlook and TAM. Actively engage and solve for business limiters within your control and passionately pursue accelerants.
- Meticulously think through every aspect of the overall customer experience, putting users' needs first in the definition of requirements. Continuously seek improvements to the customer experience working with the UX and Engineering team to better drive the business and/or key metrics.
- Serve as key spokesperson for the business, delivering clear, compelling communications up and across New Relic and outside the company to position your product for success and garner any support required to successfully execute the business. Actively support Go to Market and ongoing marketing activities in partnership with Product Marketing and the Sales team.
Skills and Experience:
- Several years of software product management experience
- Experience with web performance optimization techniques and technologies - is, or is an aspiring, web performance guru
- Experience working in medium-to-large software companies
- Experience working on or managing enterprise/business-to-business products
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead via influence, patience and determination
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Background in SaaS and cloud-based software
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Nice to have: BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
To get started, click on the link below. To fast track your application, let us know in your cover letter why this job, product, and/or company is of particular interest to you. We look forward to talking!
We’re hiring at all experience levels, and we’re particularly interested in having a diverse team with a broad set of skills and viewpoints. We carefully consider every applicant that takes the time to apply.
A little about us:
New Relic is a software analytics company that, on behalf of our customers, makes sense of billions of metrics about millions of applications, all in real time. Our comprehensive SaaS-based solution for web and mobile applications consolidates the performance monitoring data into a single, powerful interface. Our customers use New Relic every day to optimize millions of applications.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon “Top Workplace” award winner, named a leader in the Gartner’s 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 “Magic Quadrant” for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) – the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
Our office is in the tech mecca of Portland, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up. We can help with relocation and are open to H1-B transfers.